1.16.0 Skinengine doesn't scale proper with 4 resolutions. (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP 1.16.0
    Skin: Default Wide HD

Hi,
    i've noticed that skinengine doesn't scale proper for 4K resolution. It is working fine with 1080p. Screenshot is attached. ->

16-27-56.jpg

Best regards
    Helios

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From your screenshot it seems that the distance of properties inside a group stacklayout (<layout>StackLayout(142, Vertical, true)</layout>) are miscalculated in 4K :whistle:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please tell us what setting you're using for Windows desktop/font scaling (DPI).
    Both 100%. Unfortunately the Win7 dpi settings (control panel) are replaced by new windows10 settings ->Link<-

From your screenshot it seems that the distance of properties inside a group stacklayout (<layout>StackLayout(142, Vertical, true)</layout>) are miscalculated in 4K
    Does it mean, that this issue is skin related, not skin engine?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    From your screenshot it seems that the distance of properties inside a group stacklayout
    I did not find in the group Layout, not one call to the ScaleToScreenResolution function. Like: MediaPortal-1/GUIControl.cs at master · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 · GitHub
    Therefore, not one value specified in the skin for Layout is not recalculated to the current screen resolution. Most likely it needs to be added to Layout.
    • StackLayout - spacing
    • GridLayout - spacing, horizontalSpacing, verticalSpacing
    • RingLayout - spacing, horizontalSpacing, verticalSpacing
    • TableLayout - width, spacing, horizontalSpacing, verticalSpacing
    To recalculate the distance between the elements.
    But I'm not sure Whether this function will be called or not. :):whistle::coffee:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    not one call to the ScaleToScreenResolution function.
    That´s what I thought already a long time ;)
    These misplacements also happen if someone has a resolution of e.g. 1600x1200 or any other different from 1920x1080 ;)
    Can you possibly "repair" it (add the ScaleToScreenResolution function) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread