Skype4MP with video (1 Viewer)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
... , but I have been a Skype developer for over 4 years so I know it very well.

Do you know how to make video working under XP? I've got some restrictions with my touch-screen of my Origenae-S21T. It's an older one and unfortunately not working under Win7. So I'm forced to use WinXP on my HTPC

eagle

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Hi eagle,

due to the internal setup of XP, it is not possible to capture any image or video if that image (or video) is not visible.
The only sollution would be to connect 2 screens, extend the desktop and move Skype on the desktop not running MP...
but Skype will be visible on the 2nd desktop.

I've tried to create a second "virtual" desktop, this doesn't work as that virtual desktop is not visible while watching MP.

To get video on XP, you would have to trick XP in thinking it has 2 fysical screens attached with an extented desktop.
I briefly took a look at this, but due to a lack of time I did not dug into this further... but in theory it is possible...

So, unless Skype doesn't output a video stream, I'm afraid Skypevideo in MP on XP isn't for the near future.

Cheers,
Fripsy.

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi eagle,

The only sollution would be to connect 2 screens, extend the desktop and move Skype on the desktop not running MP...
but Skype will be visible on the 2nd desktop.

As I'm running XP in clone-mode (first screen is my LCD-TV-Set, second screen is the touch-screen of my htpc-case) it's not possilbe for me to extend the desktop :( But anyway, thanks for the answer

eagle

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Guys - AWESOME idea! I think Skype in MP could become as much of a killer feature as moving pictures of my tv series - I can't wait!!!

I'm trying the current version and I have a few questions - first question: How do I answer incoming call?

I can't offer much help from a development standpoint but happy to help by either donating to SDK fund or doing testing/documentation - let me know :)

stombart

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Skype4MP with video

Thanks for this nice plug in.
    how is it possible to use it with streamedMP Skin?

Does anyone have skinfiles for it?

Ixreb

Portal Member
    November 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    fripsy, any news?? I'm thinking of installing W7 to properly test the versions of this plugin.

Greetings!

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all,

I just decided that I will continue (or better: restart) this plugin, as I would like to have a "slick" version before the holidays...

Just installed Skype 5.0.0 on my development pc, and guess what: no more video... :mad:

So, if anyone has any ideas for (new) features, now is a good time to let them know, as I probably have to start nearly from scratch...

Cheers,
    Fripsy

Users who are viewing this thread