Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Skype4MP with video

i hope, that trevor and/or ltfearme from StreamedMP see the Potencial of this Plugin and get skinning something...
    See THIS and vote for it!

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    i can skin this plugin for StreamedMP but i need to get it working on my own system first!

pressing any button does not do anything for me. the only thing that works is clicking on a name on my contacts list which brings up the 'call' or 'contact details' dialog box which then lead to calling or viewing contact details (as it should)

the buttons on the left (toggle video, skypeout, etc) dont work at all for me. i'm running skype 5 now and noticed the same problem with skype 4. do i need a specific version of skype 4 to make it work? hope you can help me so i can help you. thanks!

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    That old version doesn't do much, it's just a test to show that video is possible.

The new version will have a total different look and is planned within 2 weeks, possibly sooner... I hope...

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    That old version doesn't do much, it's just a test to show that video is possible.
    The new version will have a total different look and is planned within 2 weeks, possibly sooner... I hope...

ahhh okay. yeah i was going through the skin files and noticed it looked pretty incomplete. looking forward to the new version -again lemme know if i can help speed things up for you

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    This is a sad day...

As I was testing the video on other machines, I found out that video is not guaranteed to work on windows7.
    It seems to be hardware (driver) related.
    I tested on 3 different Win7 machines:
    - PC1: my "old" development Acer Aspire notebook: video works perfectly (Skype4 and Skype5)
    - PC2: my "new" development PC (no brand): video doesn't work with Skype5, starts but stops after 1 sec on Skype4
    - PC3: my HTPC (no brand): no video at all...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So, I'm halting all development now until I can get my hands on that SDK...
    Did sign up ages ago, but still no news...

Thanks for listening.
    Fripsy

:sorry:

chameleon82

Portal Member
    September 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Oh, noo!
    fripsy, can you release your works as beta? It will be something working, that can work on some systems. Just for beta-test. Of course, next step possible only with sdk ((

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@frispy: please keep on working, you are making an awful Job! I also think, that releases of betas could help to find the Solution for a working Plugin. If we can help, we will do! So let us know...

Greets, Pony

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    The problem is that even on my development pc it is not working... can't see what I'm doing then...

I need to get my "old" Acer back up and running, had a crash, but it's the only pc where video works...
    Honestly, my moral is very low...

Ponyriemen
    Well, what I need... hmm... the Skype SDK would be a good start... :D

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

really strange - I googled for the SDK - but all you find is annoucements - didn't find any info on some feedback on anyone who received the SDK (talking about the WinSDK - I think the LinuxSDK was already used by several suppliers...).
    So I didn't see any way to help - because signingup seems not to help, if noone invites ...
    Very sad, because this is something that would be a REALLY cool feature - all mepo users in videochats in the livingroom ;-) ...

So if anybody here reads and has access to that SDK it would be great to discuss how this could be used for the implentation!

Users who are viewing this thread