[SOLVED] No sound on HD movies (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I had to connect my AV to TV via SPDIF due to sync problems. Played "Adele" concert in WMP w/o issues, but can't get it to work in MP. AVIs and TV works fine.

Debug logfiles attached.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This looks strange to me:
    2012-04-27 22:48:52.314741 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Added filter: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder to graph
    2012-04-27 22:48:52.329741 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Added filter: MONOGRAM AAC Decoder to graph

Is multichannel decoding possible with MS Audio Decoder outside WMC/WMP? Could you try to use another audio decoder (AC3)?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    "Is multichannel decoding possible with MS Audio Decoder outside WMC/WMP? Could you try to use another audio decoder (AC3)?" My though as well, but didn't work with LAV either...

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange one.. because Adventureland seems to work and it is also multichannel (AC3). Ah I see.. it is stereo.
    You got another 5.1 movie to test?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you post mediaportal.log after you tried LAV Audio Decoder?
    You also got ffdshow to test? =)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OK... Fidling around I got it working using LATM AAC = LAV.

BTW:Using Avallonis there is no way to change this for vids.....

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I actually think I'm getting stupider and more ignorant for every year that passes..... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

OK, so I took a deep dive in the logs myself (gotta start to learn sometime) and noticed an error about Gentle.config Opened the file and it was full of NULLs. Not good for an XML file. I found an old thread (gentle.config) which had some 11-years-old XML. On the off-chance that this could fix my problem, I cut-and-pasted it into...
    OK, so I took a deep dive in the logs myself (gotta start to learn sometime) and noticed an error about Gentle.config Opened the...
    It never rains but it pours. All of a sudden MP1 refuses to connect to the TV service (which is on the same PC) and comes up with...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I gave up and jumped ship to Kodi - which worked first time without problems. After 10 years with Mediaportal, it was a huge shame to leave but I couldn’t get it to work at all with my new PC with integrated...
    Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I...
    Hi, I've been using MediaPortal 1 for many years on an HTPC with a graphics card, but since switching to a Dell Optiplex 5080 with...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.25.0 No Sound DE
    If your remote control is the Ortek VRC-1100 or the Hama equivalent, you must be using the "Centarea HID" in MP, and possibly using the AutoHotKey script that I wrote for it. This script checks for the "green marble" button, and starts MP from the desktop when that button is pressed. Changing this script to invoke (say)...
    If your remote control is the Ortek VRC-1100 or the Hama equivalent, you must be using the "Centarea HID" in MP, and possibly using...
    Hi, I am at a loss as to what is going on with my installation at the moment. I was using it this morning no problems, shut it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom