[confirm] Standby Wakeup Issue (1 Viewer)

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    After upgrading to 1.8 i´ve gotten this little problem. Everytime i use my TV for something other than MP, then it does this weird black screen thing, and i have to shut it down. I have the screensaver turned on, after 300 sec.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the screensaver turned on, after 300 sec.
    Hi zekaja,

What exactly do you mean with 'use my TV for something other than MP'? Do you use a different input on your TV then? If i recall correct (from your 'wakeup song) :D you have a receiver in between. Do you switch inputs on that? Do you minimize MP and do something else with the PC connected to the TV?

A few hints for now:
    The MP screensaver uses the Windows screensaver, which means that MediaPortal configures it to (probably) blank your screen after 300 seconds.
    If you've minimized MP and use another program on the same PC, it still shouldn't blank the screen.
    If you've configured the build-in screensaver option in MP config for blanking the screen, disable that and set up the screensaver function in Windows itself. Curious if that changes things for you.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    have you user interaction ?
    because if not, Windows don't detect Fullscreen vidéo, and Window go to sleep. i have this issue when i look movie in Windowed mode with MP. and don't touche the mouse or other user interraction.

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I use a different input on the TV.. For Playstation etc.. And when I go back to tv input connected to the pc, then everything is screwed up.. I have black screen and can hear mp running in the back.

I have changed nothing, just did the update from 1.7.1 to 1.8.

And u recall is correct, I have a receiver in between .. I will try Windows built in Screensaver when I get home...

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is something chanced in mp with wakeup... I can see from my log it says something like it... I don't use any sleep functions what so ever and I don't use powersheduler...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have black screen and can hear mp running in the back.
    Sounds like the screensaver, but you should be able to 'escape' from that easily with a button touch (for example the arrow keys on your remote). I assume you tried something similar, but please confirm ;)

Is something chanced in mp with wakeup...
    The only change in 1.7.1 related to resume is this 1:
    MP1-4456: Fix return to Home on resume

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have black screen and can hear mp running in the back.
    Sounds like the screensaver, but you should be able to 'escape' from that easily with a button touch (for example the arrow keys on your remote). I assume you tried something similar, but please confirm ;)

Is something chanced in mp with wakeup...
    The only change in 1.7.1 related to resume is this 1:
    MP1-4456: Fix return to Home on resume
    I've tried to disable the screensaver and it seems like it´minimizes MP when i return... Only for a second or 2, then pulls it back into fullscreen... and then nothing works. I usally use the arrow keys on my remote to get away from the screensaver and that usally does the job.

I've not ticked off the, keep mediaportal always on top, because of the netflixalpha plugin.. But that should not be a problem should it?

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    because if not, Windows don't detect Fullscreen vidéo, and Window go to sleep. i have this issue when i look movie in Windowed mode with MP. and don't touche the mouse or other user interraction.
    No user interaction at all :(...This happens even if i start mediaportal
    No user interaction what so ever :(... This issue happens even if i start mediaportal, and change the input on my tv and return to my mediaportal hdmi input.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've not ticked off the, keep mediaportal always on top, because of the netflixalpha plugin.. But that should not be a problem should it?
    I don't think so, but it would be nice if you could test it with that option disabled.

Based on:
    it seems like it´minimizes MP when i return... Only for a second or 2, then pulls it back into fullscreen... and then nothing works.
    it might be related to a change which was done in the 1.7 Pre Release
    MP1-4328: Minimize to tray option kills LiveTV Audio after restore from systray.

I assume you didn't have this issue before upgrading to 1.7.1 HotFix? What version were you running before the update to 1.7.1?

We also had a change for 1.8 Final:
    MP1-4508: Fix restore MP on wrong screen

Maybe you can update to 1.8 Final and see if that changes anything for you.

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't think so, but it would be nice if you could test it with that option disabled.
    Okay i 've tried this one and it diddent do anything ... sadly :(
    Based on:
    it seems like it´minimizes MP when i return... Only for a second or 2, then pulls it back into fullscreen... and then nothing works.
    it might be related to a change which was done in the 1.7 Pre Release
    MP1-4328: Minimize to tray option kills LiveTV Audio after restore from systray.

I assume you didn't have this issue before upgrading to 1.7.1 HotFix? What version were you running before the update to 1.7.1?
    Actually i diddent have this issue on 1.7.1 HOTFIX :(
    We also had a change for 1.8 Final:
    MP1-4508: Fix restore MP on wrong screen

Maybe you can update to 1.8 Final and see if that changes anything for you.
    I am on 1.8 FINAL now, and this issue just started after upgrading from 1.7.1 HOTFIX.

I repruduced the problem and did a full log, if it can be to any help... In the log it says something about Auto3D plugin, i've tried to disable that plugin, but it didden't do the trick..

THNX for all your support by the way :)

Users who are viewing this thread