Station Icons + Genre Icons in TV Series ?? (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Community,

how do I get the channel and genre icons displayed on the TV Series?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Station Icons + Genre Icons in TV Series ??

Hello!
    Add this line to your TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml:
    skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\<Series.Network>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;<Restrict:Episode> ,in the - <logos import="true">... part of the xml.
    Also make sure that you copied your channel logos in ..skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\ folder. You can change the folder to what you prefer, you just have to edit the path in the xml then.

If you have genre icons you can add this line:
    skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\<Series.Genre>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;<Restrict:Episode>
    For this you need the genre icons in the right place.

I hope this works for you!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Depends exactly what you want. Currently we only support List layout for TVSeries groups, which means you cant have thumbnail layout of genres/network icons. This is all controlled by TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml...I plan to enable thumbnail layout but would like to source some really nice icons that are consistent looking before that.

to enable smallicon layout you first enable it in tvseries.skinsettings.xml
    Code:
    <group List="true" SmallIcons="true" />

then you need to add logo rules e.g.
    Code:
    skin\StreamedMP\Media\TVSeries\Logos\Networks\<Series.Network>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;<Restrict:Group>
    skin\StreamedMP\Media\TVSeries\Logos\Genres\<Series.Genre>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;<Restrict:Group>
    skin\StreamedMP\Media\TVSeries\Logos\ViewTags\<Series.ViewTags>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;<Restrict:Group>
    skin\StreamedMP\Media\TVSeries\Logos\Certification\<Series.ContentRating>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;<Restrict:Group>
    After dumping the image in the above directories the icons will be added to the thumbnails if a match is found e.g Cartoon Network.png.

Another thing that can be done is display a large Icon similar to what we do with MovingPictures categories when a list item (group) is selected.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Note: my example above is only for Group Views...I really dont think its appropriate mixing text logos with graphical logos in Episode view. But if you have modded to use graphical logos thats another story.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello thank you guys for the Info.

ltfearme can you give me example for Certification and ViewTags ? Do you mean FSK 18+ with Certification? Series and channel logos I have already.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    TV certifications like TV-PG, TV-7 etc. Basically whatever the series is @ theTVDB.com

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

What about those logos from which he then looks for ?? PG-13 and PG-13_2. The pictures look just a little different from.

Und was ist mit solchen Icons geht das auch ?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello!
    Add this line to your TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml:
    skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\<Series.Network>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;<Restrict:Episode> ,in the - <logos import="true">... part of the xml.
    Also make sure that you copied your channel logos in ..skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\ folder. You can change the folder to what you prefer, you just have to edit the path in the xml then.

If you have genre icons you can add this line:
    skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\<Series.Genre>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;<Restrict:Episode>
    For this you need the genre icons in the right place.

I hope this works for you!

So have these two entries are added, but he did not display any icons.

EDIT:::
    Here is my xml in the Annex!! The entries are directly under :: <logos import="true">

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ok it works fine i only added this 2 lines in the TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml::

skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\networks\<Series.Network>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;
    skin\StreamedMP\Media\Logos\genres\<Series.Genre>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;

He show me the Icons as on the Screens :: Can i show the Icons only on series list ? And where can i set the position of this icons for network and genre ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Users who are viewing this thread