stuttering when more than 2 people are watching liveTV (1 Viewer)

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

... especially on ARD or ZDF (they are broadcasting in higher datarates). Any ideas? I will try to make some logs.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    WinSock 1. Thats what causes the high bitrate channels (HD) to have issues. Currently no sollution as no one has had time / interest to port out streaming code to use WinSock 2. (Unfortunately I personally don't use multiseat nor have access to HD channels so I haven't had any big urge to get my hands dirty on that area.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom