Support Requests (1 Viewer)

J

joostzilla

Need help? Please post in this thread.
No feature requests here.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
I have an issue using the keyboard in the "Online Videos" plugin. When I try to type it does 4 button presses per key.

ssssoooo iiiitttt llllooookkkkssss lllliiiikkkkeeee tttthhhhiiiissss

Do I need to get logs somehow to help with this?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have seen this issue but I couldn't reproduce it after restarting the app. I just tried the keyboard in Search in OV and it worked fine.

Please restart the app and see if you can reproduce it. If so, turn the log on in MPiV settings and report the minimum steps to reproduce. Send the log file after these steps.

Bernacchini

Portal Member
    June 6, 2014
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've just installed the full version.
    At first I tested using the old version of MPExtended 0.54, then I upgraded to the 0.6 beta.
    With both MPExt version, when I launch the APP it checks the availability of the services connections with the following results:

WiFi Remote: V

EPG: V
    Recordings: X (red)
    TV Series: V
    Movie: V
    Music: X (blue)
    Pictures: V
    Radio: V

For the Music connection is not a big problem for me by now, but the red X for the Recorging service is a big issue.
    The first two times I launched the app the recording service connected without problem.

How can I resolve or debug the problem?

thanks

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If I click the Controls button on my iPad, I have an Out Of Sight Navigation "bubble" covering the keyboard and return icons. I've turned Out Of Sight Navigation OFF in settings, so I wonder why this still appears? I'm using the full version on an iPad3.

Also, everytime I launch the iViewer, I get a popup showing:

Client - client name

WifiRemote - Inactive - X

List of activities, all with an X at the end.

The WifiRemote is working just fine, but I still can't get WebMP working, it's working fine if I try it on the client PC, but not on my laptop or my iPad. :( I've tried to find ways to troubleshoot WebMP, but I haven't find any useful information.

Edit: It seems like my MPExtended is crashing or something as soon as I launch MePo. Testing login credentials in the configuration works fine. Running MePo, closing it then trying to launch the configuration app again just crashes it. :(

Emph

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Bernacchini, it sounds like MPExtended has crashed, try to restart the service and see if everything initialize ok. Other users had problem with latest pictures in Home that crashed MPExt. Please inactivate this in MPiV settings. I can't say anything more without looking at log files from MPiV and MPExtended. Please provide that if you still have problems, see wiki trouble shooting section.

emphatic, I just tested and I can not reproduce the Out of sight Navigation settings. It works fine for me in both preview and full version. Anyone else with this problem?

MPExtended need to run, otherwise nothing will initialize. So now we need to understand why MPExt. fail. One reason could be latest pictures in MPiV so please inactivate that. You can post the MPext. logs here after the crash when opening MP and I can take a look but I'm not extpert, it should probably be handled in the MPExtended section. Post the WebMp support in the MPExt. thread. I have little knowledge of WebMP.

Edit. Emphatic, the activities(movies,series, remote etc) are initialized in a sequence and remote is not the first one so if any activity fail before the remote will not fully work. I guess the buttons will work but animation when sending commands and blind navigation setting will not. A workaround is probably to set all activities as inactive in MPiV settings. The real solution is to find out why MPExtended do not work.

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    About music, have you pointed out the correct database in MPExtended configurator. The database version was increased from 12 to 13 in a recent MP version. You can also add the picture path in FS Pictures in the configurator. It should pick up the pic database though

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Should wake on LAN work? Here its not working, although I have entered the MAC adress. If it should work, which logs do you need for troubleshooting?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, Wake On Lan should work. I do not remember what we log but please activate the log in MPiV settings, save, restart and check if you get anything in the log regarding WOL. Email the log to support.

And you actually test on a local network? WOL from outside the local network can be problematic.

Edit. It seems like I have removed the WOL call at startup :oops:, it's added again in dev. The call is however made when the app is waken from sleep so you can try to start the app, open log, go to iPad home so the app goes to background, open iViewer again. Then you should get three log lines, one for each system(MPExtended, WifiRemote, MPExtended TV). Please report back if that works for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread