Titan: How do I play a DVD? (1 Viewer)

owilsky

Portal Pro
July 11, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I use 1.3.0RC with Titan skin. When a DVD is already in my DVD drive, how do I play that? I could not find a "Play DVD" menu entry.

Am I too stupid for such an easy task?

Best regards,
Oliver

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,

I use 1.3.0RC with Titan skin. When a DVD is already in my DVD drive, how do I play that? I could not find a "Play DVD" menu entry.

Am I too stupid for such an easy task?

Best regards,
    Oliver

Don't you find it under "Plugins"?

owilsky

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What exactly do you mean by "Plugins"?

My screens look like this:

Screen 1:
    1.png

Screen 2:
    2.png

After clicking on "Sonstiges":
    3.png

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello!
    Yes, I mean "Sonstiges". In MP Config -> Plugins select Play Disc and check "In Plugins". After this it should show up next to Sudoku and HTPC Info.
    See:
    =Plugins.png

owilsky

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahhh... thanks a lot!
    I had that enabled, but in Home, not in Plugins. I guess in Home is not possible with Titan?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Ahhh... thanks a lot!
    I had that enabled, but in Home, not in Plugins. I guess in Home is not possible with Titan?

No.. not without modifying the BasicHome.xml. I guess you have to wait for the Titan BasicHome Editor.
    If you use Classic Home instead of BasicHome then the option "Home" works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Solved: In my case, it was indeed a codec issue. In LAV configuration, I had to select "DXVA (native)", then DVD playback including menus work fine. Sorry for having caused trouble, and thanks a lot for the support!
    Solved: In my case, it was indeed a codec issue. In LAV configuration, I had to select "DXVA (native)", then DVD playback including...
    Hi community, I am further testing out MP2, and there are three questions I have: 1. When importing my local video folder with...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
    Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
    Replies
    Views
    Got into Disk Management to Change Drive Letter and Path for J: but found the "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" & "Browse" are both grayed out. Diskpart using an Admin CMD allowed me to Select Volume and Assign it to an empty NTFS folder. You've been a great help.
    Got into Disk Management to Change Drive Letter and Path for J: but found the "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" & "Browse"...
    Hi, I'm investigating how to get a failover command developed. Such as : FAILOVER <\\server\sharedfolders\SD02 | local HDD...
    Replies
    Views
    So after a couple of days everything seems to be working again. New episodes are showing up correctly and Trakt has now correctly updated all of the watched episodes. Thank you to everyone for your assistance.
    So after a couple of days everything seems to be working again. New episodes are showing up correctly and Trakt has now correctly...
    Hi, Hoping for some guidance from the Brains Trust on a strange issue . There are a couple of series I am having an issue with My...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom