Titan: How do I play a DVD? (1 Viewer)

owilsky

Portal Pro
July 11, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I use 1.3.0RC with Titan skin. When a DVD is already in my DVD drive, how do I play that? I could not find a "Play DVD" menu entry.

Am I too stupid for such an easy task?

Best regards,
Oliver

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I use 1.3.0RC with Titan skin. When a DVD is already in my DVD drive, how do I play that? I could not find a "Play DVD" menu entry.

Am I too stupid for such an easy task?

Best regards,
    Oliver

Don't you find it under "Plugins"?

owilsky

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What exactly do you mean by "Plugins"?

My screens look like this:

Screen 1:
    1.png

Screen 2:
    2.png

After clicking on "Sonstiges":
    3.png

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    Yes, I mean "Sonstiges". In MP Config -> Plugins select Play Disc and check "In Plugins". After this it should show up next to Sudoku and HTPC Info.
    See:
    =Plugins.png

owilsky

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahhh... thanks a lot!
    I had that enabled, but in Home, not in Plugins. I guess in Home is not possible with Titan?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahhh... thanks a lot!
    I had that enabled, but in Home, not in Plugins. I guess in Home is not possible with Titan?

No.. not without modifying the BasicHome.xml. I guess you have to wait for the Titan BasicHome Editor.
    If you use Classic Home instead of BasicHome then the option "Home" works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all data including poster. Also the import speed is much faster + the local data are kept forever, even MP2 is removed. To overwrite only some movies you need to remove them once from the share, place an...
    Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all...
    Hi, I'm new here but have been gradually getting my head around setting everything up but one simple task is throwing me off - how...
    Replies
    Views
    Having an issue with motion menu when paying a DVD in media portal. I have my movies ripped to VTS folders with VOB files, when I play a movie it will start playing the menu and either freeze at the start having ne to restart my PC to clear the issue or the video wll play out of sync with the audio. I must me missing something and I...
    Having an issue with motion menu when paying a DVD in media portal. I have my movies ripped to VTS folders with VOB files, when I...
    Having an issue with motion menu when paying a DVD in media portal. I have my movies ripped to VTS folders with VOB files, when I...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
    Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
    Replies
    Views
    Place the preview next to the file. some-movie.mkv some-movie.jpg
    Place the preview next to the file. some-movie.mkv some-movie.jpg
    Hi all, Im building a mediaportal system for my oldest son. He can't speak or read. Is there a way to start a mp4/avi... movie...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom