TS or MPG recording - Which is best? (1 Viewer)

StuckInTheMu

Portal Member
May 3, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The two recording formats available
Transport Stream (which I assume is the native off-air format?)
MPEG

Which is the better, or recommended to use?

Jim

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Use ts, mpeg will not work for a lot of people (dvb owners mainly) and ends up with 0 bytes recordings, have not a clue why, but something is getting stripped out of the file that should not be.

scoulter

Portal Member
    April 27, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    I'm in Oz and I have issues recording HD in MPG format but not in TS format (sometimes I get no recording at all, other times I get picture but no sound).

SD channels record correctly in either format.

- I stick with recording in TS format.

steven01

July 15, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm in Oz and I have issues recording HD in MPG format but not in TS format (sometimes I get no recording at all, other times I get picture but no sound).

SD channels record correctly in either format.

- I stick with recording in TS format.

Both formats work fine here, I use MPEG however as I couldn't seem to fast fwd / rewind on TS files.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am loosing the audio when cutting commercials out of recorded TV with the ts format..
    Tried HDTVtoMPEG2 to convert the ts files to mpeg but have bad sync problems..
    Tried changing .ts to .mpeg and cutting commercials with MP video editor and no audio..
    The .ts files play fine but it sure would be nice to be able to cut the commercials put of recorded TV..

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom