Twinhan DVB-C is found as DVB-S (1 Viewer)

pangel

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Denmark
I have installed BDA 1.2.2.7 and Capture driver and the Tuner Driver is now called "DVB-TV 878 Digital Capture Driver" and "DVB-TV 878 Digital Driver".

Then MP can't find the card as expected.
I installed the CVS-snapshot "mediaportal-cvs-10-22-2005--19-22".
Now my card is found as "Genaral S/W encoding card".
I have also tried to do the regsvr32 stuff Koschel suggested.
Still "Genaral S/W encoding card".

Maybe I am doing something wrong? :confused:

/Peter

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    pangel said:
    Now my card is found as "Genaral S/W encoding card".
    I have also tried to do the regsvr32 stuff Koschel suggested.
    Still "Genaral S/W encoding card".

Maybe I am doing something wrong? :confused:
    the most important question is:
    is card the card working with Mediaportal now?

pangel

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Denmark
    No.
    When I push "Autotune" it says "The device does not support auto tuning".
    I don't think MP is able to "talk" to the card.

/Peter

pangel

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Denmark
    I have just noticed something: In the "Capture Cards" list, it says "General S/W encoding card" but when I press "edit" it says "DTV-DVBC 878 Digital Capture Filter (General S/W encoding card)"

If I remove the card (so the list is empty) and press "Add" it says "Unable to create graph for this device!!" when I press "OK" it says "DTV-DVBC 878 Digital Capture Filter (General S/W encoding card)".

I don't know if this helps.

/Peter

pangel

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Denmark
    I'm no expert but I think Twinhan DVB-C for the new BDA-driver (1.2.2.27) is missing in the "CaptureCardDefinitions.xml". The DVB-S and DVB-T is there.

Could someone please check?

/Peter

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i think that the problem is that mediaportal is not working with the new bda drivers from twinhan.

you could try to use the drivers from digitalrise
    http://www.digitalrise.biz/support/downloads/index.php?action=file&id=92

if they are not working we will have to wait until a developer can take care of this issue.

thank you for your efforts with testing the drivers!
    :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you could also try to change the tunerdevice and capture name in the xml file to the names you get after you have installed the bda drivers. i have done that once 2 or 3 month ago and it worked.

Code:
    - <capturecard commercialname="Twinhan VisionDTV DVB-C" capturename="TwinHan DVBC BDA Capture Filter" devid="ven_109e&dev_0878&subsys_00011822&rev_11">
      <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true" /> 
    - <tv>
      <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5" /> 
    - <filters>
      <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBC Network Provider" checkdevice="false" /> 
      <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="TwinHan DVBC BDA Tuner Filter" checkdevice="true" /> 
      <filter cat="capture" name="TwinHan DVBC BDA Capture Filter" checkdevice="true" /> 
      </filters>
    - <connections>
      <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0" /> 
      <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0" /> 
      </connections>
      </tv>
      </capturecard>

pangel

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Denmark
    I have downgraded to BDA 1.2.2.0 and now the card is found as "TwinHan DVBC BDA Capture Filter (Twinhan VisionDTV DVB-C)" - so that is great. :)

I have tried to autotune.
    I have updates the "dvbc Symbolrate 6875.dvbc", so the frequencies is ok for Denmark.
    But MP could not find any channels. :confused:

I have attached the "capture.log".

I did try the Twinhan software before I stated using tha BDA-drivers and it worked fine, so I know the card and the signal is ok.

What could I do to help track down this problem?

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread