[no Bug] Unhandled exception error on startup (1 Viewer)

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
July 8, 2009
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi there, when i choose a city for weather i get an unhandled exception error at startup, something to do with date format.

I use MP RC-1, w7-x64 and logs are attached

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The exception occurs at the InfoService plugin. You have to contact the author of that plugin for help.

Edit: I have changed the status of the thread to "No Bug" as this is not a MediaPortal bug.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there, when i choose a city for weather i get an unhandled exception error at startup, something to do with date format.

I use MP RC-1, w7-x64 and logs are attached
    Which exact version of InfoService do you use? Which cities you have entered in MP?

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Edit: Ugh, I didn't search hard enough to find the fix. I apologize in advance. If anyone was wondering how to fix this, this is what I found in the following thread, response posted by edsche:

InfoService v1.32 - 5 day weather/Feeds/Twitter on basic home [04-01-2010] *PLANNING*

Disable InfoService, Start MP, go to the weather screen, refresh it, close weather screen, leave MP and finally enable InfoService and try again.

---- Original Post ----

I keep getting the same issue using the new Media Portal 1.1.0 RC. Whenever I add my city to the weather section in the Media Portal config, and then try to start up Media Portal, it crashes giving me an unhandled exception error. I have included a few log files in this post to see if anyone has any ideas as to why it might be happening.

I appreciate any help I can get, even though it's not an issue that really hinders my usage of Media Portal, but it would be nice to get the weather working as well if possible :) Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before installing the x64, but not sure it that would make any difference! I am currently testing an improved version but at this point it is still not clear how or when a fixed x64 version will be available.
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before...
    Windows 11 23h2 1) MP 1.32 Final x64 Fresh install does not work and fails during the install "MySQL Start Service Exception". The...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    Thankyou.I did a re-install of the Mediaportal Client.Seems to be OK now.
    Thankyou.I did a re-install of the Mediaportal Client.Seems to be OK now.
    After upgrade to version 1.31 nor Mediaportal or MediaPortal Configuration will start. I windows event logg I get the following...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom