Updated tuningparameters for Caiway the Netherlands (1 Viewer)

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the file in the first post still valid? What should be done with the existing "caiway" file (with different file name)? Is this one obsolete?

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The file in the first post is not valid anymore. Please find attached an updated file (One frequency is added beginning of February).

The existing Caiway-file can be removed.

Attachments

• The Netherlands.Caiway.xml
      30.7 KB

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried the above xml with the latest svn. But id missed a couple of channels. For instance HD MyZenTV(? with the beachviews and music) is not present.
    I copied a other globalxxx.xml and changed (replace_all) the symbol rate to 9600.
    Ofcourse it took an extra 5 minutes, but I dont care about that. Took long in the old days as well, as well as a painfull finger by pressing a button.

This in mind, do we NEED to be so precise with the local scanning settings? The frequencies <40000 are all empty ofcourse, so those arent needed. But leaving the rest gives us flexibillity when Caiway makes a small adjustment here or there.
    Just a thought. :)

[edit]
    Just to add to my last idea. Caiway is intending to change some things this year. A lot is happening (or done). No analogue signal anymore to free bandwidth, add HD channels. Giving some room for all these alterations is maybe a good idea to prevent people from filing bug-reports stating they cant find a channel or two.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried the above xml with the latest svn. But id missed a couple of channels. For instance MyZenTV(? with the beachviews and music) is not present.
    I copied a other globalxxx.xml and changed (replace_all) the symbol rate to 9600.
    Ofcourse it took an extra 5 minutes, but I dont care about that. Took long in the old days as well, as well as a painfull finger by pressing a button.

This in mind, do we NEED to be so precise with the local scanning settings? The frequencies <40000 are all empty ofcourse, so those arent needed. But leaving the rest gives us flexibillity when Caiway makes a small adjustment here or there.
    Just a thought. :)
    +1

Users who are viewing this thread