Using IMDb+ outside of MovingPictures (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is there a way I can use IMDB+ when looking for movie details from the TV EPG (and will it work better), as the current script seems unable to find a match the majority of the time?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.7

Is there a way I can use IMDB+ when looking for movie details from the TV EPG (and will it work better), as the current script seems unable to find a match the majority of the time?

Edit: Seems I missread your question, I thought you meant mediafiles recorded from TV that you were importing based on EPG data. The IMDb+ plugin+scraper is purely meant for mediafiles added to your Moving-Pictures plugin movie collection. It does not expand or tap into any other MediaPortal feature, such as the EPG context menu to retrieve more information about movies via the IMDb.com website.

[collapse]
    I would need to see examples on how your 'system' works. The scraper script works purely on the filename. MovingPictures does help in that it tries to look for NFO files to contain an IMDb tt-ID number (or takes it from the filename) and passes that onto the scraper-scripts. This is then used inside the IMDb+ search node to skip searching and go straight for the results.

It can also be that you simply have to adjust the MovingPictures noise-filter, to turn "Matrix.1999.EPG2011-10-30T1615.ext" into "Matrix.1999" (default noise filter doesn't do that, but can be adjusted), so that IMDb+ can properly search for the right one. All of that depends on what the current results are that your solution creates, as well as the options you have. Might even be that there is a better recording solution available for you, such as 4TR TV-Server, that offers better solutions to rename media before you add it to the import path of MovingPictures, or plugins/3rd-party tools that do the renaming in post-processing mode and are better equipped for that task.

There are also a few things I can do inside the IMDb+ scraper-script search node to improve the results, but I would need to see a ton of examples on what filenames are failing for you, and what additional data is available such as an external metadata text-file.[/collapse]

This is great the problem I had with Spirited Away has been fixed, I rescanned my whole library just to make sure and everything is perfectly named now. Thanks, great work!

Enjoy the results, let me know when you come across some other problem, as I'm sure there are still some bugs left to be fixed :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

No you can't, this is only for use with-in MovingPictures.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks RoChess and ltfearme for putting me straight :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Resurrecting an old thread in the hopes this may now/still be considered for future versions.

The only scenario that I will look into is if I can rework it to be compatile for MyVideos on MediaPortal v1.x and I am keeping track of the scraper-engine developments that are taking place for MediaPortal v2.x. Just have a lot of other things going on that need to clear off my schedule first, but with work being slow right now, that is going fast.

Users who are viewing this thread