What should I add to MyPictures? (2 Viewers)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: Picture playlist

Hi all,
    I'm an old user of the pinnacle showcenter, maybe someone know it. Years ago the hardware was more expensive and this "tools" was used like an "cheap htpc" but due to the graphic hardware inbuild it became soon old.
    A part of this showcenter had a good software for database managing and one of the thing i miss from it is the ability to use photo playlist.
    Whit this software u could add ur preferred photo in several playlist like for istance "red sea summer 2009" as u do with a music playlist, this is really usefulf becouse u don't need to move any pics around but only to manage several playlist, it was also possible assign to a photo playlist a specific music playlist.
    I think should be really nice to have something like this in the mediaportal.

+1
    I would be satisfied with just having support of picture playlists, and haven't found this yet in MP 1.2.2.
    How difficult would this be to implement?
    What are the chances of getting this into MP 1.3.0?

P.S.
    I just came across this open source plugin for Windows 7 Media Center, which seems to do this and more. Maybe it could serve as a model for MP. (Please excuse double posting in Music wishlist thread.)

P.P.S.
    Some more useful sorting options in Pictures would also be nice to have:
    Tops on my wish list is "Date Taken". This is far more useful than "Date Created" or "Date Modified", since many of us tinker with our photos (recrop, adjust color balance, etc.). I realize that the info won't necessarily available, but I presume it could be made to handle the absence gracefully, perhaps by placing those pictures without "Date Taken" at the end of the list, sorted by "Date Modified".
    Sort by Extension would also be useful, e.g. for separating pictures from videos (now that videos can be played from the Pictures section).
    This should be fairly trivial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It appears that the links on the page for the downloads of pre-release 1.33 and 1.33 x64 are reversed. I just accidentally installed x64. My bad for not looking closely.
    It appears that the links on the page for the downloads of pre-release 1.33 and 1.33 x64 are reversed. I just accidentally...
    It appears that the links on the page for the downloads of pre-release 1.33 and 1.33 x64 are reversed. I just accidentally...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
    Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
    Hi, I've been using MP2 for a couple of years now. And I was wondering how easy would it be (for me) to add extra features to the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    This is an English thread. the problem is not described clearly, but it’s the question is about auto login of an user in MP2 and not windows.
    This is an English thread. the problem is not described clearly, but it’s the question is about auto login of an user in MP2 and...
    I thought I'd done all necessary steps to get Auto Login to work though it seems not. Manual login gets me to what I'm looking for...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom