Whats the difference between StreamedMP and Mediastream (1 Viewer)

shade01

Portal Member
December 12, 2008
I'm confused- these two skins look the same. Whats the difference between them?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    It is basically two different implementations of the original (I think XBMC) skin.
    You will have to compare screenshots and supported plugins to decide which one is for you.

See original thread for origin details..

flyte

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I think it is silly that we need to compare screenshots to figure out the difference between these two skins.

Does anyone (authors perhaps) know the differences between these skins?

shade01

Portal Member
    December 12, 2008
    I agree. The cosmetic differences are minor, and since it's obvious that both authors like the skin (as do I), it'd make more sense for them to pool resources and offer a single skin that gives you options for how you want stuff to look like.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Personally I think it's not a bad thing that we have these two similar skins. Healthy competition isn't a bad thing you know. I'm using StreamedMP, as I prefer to be able to have random hover pictures on the basic home. And the TV-Series views are prettier imho. These are however, very subjective reasons. If we'd only have one Mediastream port = less to choose from.

Why is it nobody "complains" about all of the Blue* clones? :D
    Emph

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Why is it nobody "complains" about all of the Blue* clones?
    'cos MOST people quickly update and use the 3rd party ones! ;) (which support the plugins they use - MPTVSeries is not supported in Blue3)
    I'd prefer just one skin, and options to use which ever 'view' I like...

I prefer streamedMP too :)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Why is it nobody "complains" about all of the Blue* clones?
    'cos MOST people quickly update and use the 3rd party ones! ;) (which support the plugins they use - MPTVSeries is not supported in Blue3)
    I'd prefer just one skin, and options to use which ever 'view' I like...

I prefer streamedMP too :)

I was always torn between streamedMP and Mediastream and now prefer Mediastream because it's stable. streamedMP always crashed for me every now and then and so had a very low WAF which is very important for me.

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    does Mediastream have auto rotating backgrounds?
    i tried it before and it doesnt...maybe it does not, just wanted to know?

If it doesnt, streammp is definitely better, I dont find ths skin unstable at all, and I use MP every day as my primary htpc frontend.

Users who are viewing this thread