Zalman HD 160+ LCD display support? (1 Viewer)

andraves

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've got a Zalman HD160+ case.

I've troubles with the LCD display. It would not show anyting in MP. Do anyone have a solution?

Andraves

hal2001

August 25, 2006
    I've got a Zalman HD160+ case.

I've troubles with the LCD display. It would not show anyting in MP. Do anyone have a solution?

Andraves
    Andraves,

I got the display to work after a couple of hours reading various forum messages.
    Here's how I got the display working:
    1. update imon and download the cybrdisplay plugin
    update the software of your soundgraph LCD display. Don't use the old version on the zalman site but go to soundgraph and download version 7.20.052 from this location.

Download the cybrdisplay mpi plugin for mediaportal here.
    I have tried several versions of the cybrdisplay and only this version seems to work for me.

2) Run Configuration.exe, and click on "Plugins"
    3) If you were using the "External Display" plugin by JoeDalton, double click on its icon to disable it.
    4) Double click on the "CybrDisplay Plugin" icon to enable it.
    5) Right click on the "CybrDisplay Plugin" icon and select "Configuration".
    *** even though this is a process plugin, the icon will be shown under "Window" plugins ****
    6) Select the display driver you wish to use.
    7) Configure the display driver parameters to correspond with the display you are using.
    8) Click "OK" to save your display configuration and exit the display configuration screen.
    9) Click "OK" to save your updated MediaPortal configuration and exit the configuration program.
    10) Run MediaPortal.

iMON display specific notes
    1) DO NOT copy the SG_VFD.dll to the plugins\LCDDrivers directory. If you do,
    the display driver WILL crash... The LCDDrivers directory should only contain LCDHype driver DLLs.
    2) The driver will automatically find your installed VFD/iMON software and use the SG_VFD.dll from
    that installation. If you select "Use V3 DLL" in advanced settings, the driver will not search for
    your VFD/iMON software installation, and will use the SG_VFD.dll that is included in the MediaPortal
    directory.
    3) Correct settings for a VFD display is 16 columns and 2 rows.
    4) Correct settings for an LCD display are:
    Text Mode without Large Icons: 16 columns and 2 rows
    Text Mode with Large Icons: 13 columns and 2 rows
    Force Graphical Text mode: 96 colums and 16 rows
    5) Shutdown message support is only functional for VFD displays (LCDs turn off or display the clock)
    6) For AUTODETECT to function, you MUST install either Antec VFD or SoundGraph iMON Manager and it MUST be run, and have controlled the display, at least once.
    7) If your LCD based device does not work with AUTODECTECT setting, Try using the LCD2 display type. Some newer LCD displays from SilverStone and Zalman use a new command set.
    8) If you have a device that does not work with the AUTODETECT setting, but does work with the manual setting, please post the details of your device AND the firmware version reported by iMON Manager in the support thread.
    9) If your device has a firmware version (as reported by the SoundGraph software) of 0x36XX or 0x38XX, and your display functions with the "Test Display" button in configuration but not when MediaPortal runs, you MUST enable the "Delay Driver Initialization" option in advanced settings.
    10) If you have problems with the SoundGraph driver, READ and POST in the iMONLCDg SUPPORT THREAD thread

I use the display in the graphical mode on a vista 32 bit os. I don't use the remote that was provided with the case but I use the plain old MCE remote instead.

hope this works for you

andraves

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanx... :D

My LCD display works now with MP...:D

Do you know how to make my keys on the front of my Zalman case work with MP?

Andraves

hal2001

August 25, 2006
    Andraves,

Great, you got your display working. Now for the keys on the front, i got them working via this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/htpc-projects-42/silverstone-lascala-lc16-m-complete-guide-8043/
    Look at the part of the front panel buttons, there is a compiled auto-it script that maps the buttons to mediaportal.
    Hope this helps you, for me this got a few buttons working but I haven't got time to look at it more (adjusting the sourcecode of the auto-it).

You can also check the threads in the mediaportal forum of the Antec fusion 430, the second model has the same display as the zalman hd160 plus.

Savvy

Portal Member
    January 8, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I've just spent the last couple of weeks building my system.

Zalman HD160xt+
    Quad 9400
    4gb Corsair
    Nvidia 512MB 9600GT
    OCZ 600W PSU
    LG BD-ROM

Vista SP1 x64 Ultimate
    MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 with Monochrome v2.5 (w/ minidisplay)
    iMON_7_20_0502

I've manage to get MP running smoothly on the primary monitor and currently have the touchscreen as a secondary monitor - extended desktop - runnning frontview

I've tried every combination I could think of under the minidisplay plugin configiration but cant get seem to get any sign of MP on the touchscreen?

would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? do i need further 3rd party software such as ultramon?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread