Barebones and commercial HTPC's (4 Viewers)

This forum is for discussions about Barebones, and commercial HTPC's.
Great mini system got the MP45-BDR - Been running with this for almost a year now and its been really great. Most importantly keeps the wife happy as its small and quiet. My set up my Aopen MP45-BDR is: CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme Mobile X9100 3.06Ghz RAM: 4GB DDR2 HDD Hitachi 7200rpm 320GB 2.5 HDD miniPCI-e: HP Tv Tuner Aver A310 -...
Great mini system got the MP45-BDR - Been running with this for almost a year now and its been really great. Most importantly...
I recently purchased an Aopen MP45-DR barebone PC to use as my HTPC client (the server being placed in another room). I thought...
Replies
Views
Me too. It's what I use as a TV server client, and 720p works flawlessly. In terms of OS, I tried Vista.. didn't like it too much, downgraded to XP, which worked ok. Now I'm running Windows 7, which works like a charm.
Me too. It's what I use as a TV server client, and 720p works flawlessly. In terms of OS, I tried Vista.. didn't like it too...
Hello All, I'm new around here. I just lost my Xbox a couple of months ago. I loved this guy, especially since a friend of mine...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Asrock 330HT Remote DE
Hi BrAtKo, I downloaded the latest driver from the ASRock support site and everything works fine now. The Windows 7 CIR drivers that shipped with the 330HT did not. I am a happy man now ;-) Regards, Frank
Hi BrAtKo, I downloaded the latest driver from the ASRock support site and everything works fine now. The Windows 7 CIR drivers...
Hi MP, i was wondering if someone could tell me if the Asrock 330HT remote control requires an external IR receiver? I am...
Replies
Views
Nothing to be sorry about, it is only a sort of mission :D I always try to sensitize people explicit for Wi-Fi as major source of numerous problems. This is far too often unrecognized, unregarded, forgotten - AND! it seems to be applicable here, since your 1080p problem sounds like a classic Wi-Fi issue ;) Good luck.
Nothing to be sorry about, it is only a sort of mission :D I always try to sensitize people explicit for Wi-Fi as major source of...
I'm looking for a new small PC to hang of the back of a TV in the bedroom to serve as a mediaportal client. Will the Zotac ZBOX...
Replies
Views
I hope too ;-)
I hope too ;-)
HI So im looking for a new client for my media portal system. currently i have Server Win Server 2008 r2 with For the Record...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Mini ITX DE
AW: Mini ITX I use the Digital Devices Duoflex for PCIe, it's really small and fits nicely into my box. The integrated 6310 can handle live tv fine.
AW: Mini ITX I use the Digital Devices Duoflex for PCIe, it's really small and fits nicely into my box. The integrated 6310 can...
Hi all I am looking at building a small form HTPC for kids room and was wondering if this will power MP new UI and TV server...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Small TV client DE
I have got a rpi as client in my bedroom but especially when your focus is on tv the rpi will be a very limited alternative to a mepo client. Zapping is very slow and some say that the picture quality is very poor as well. I actually don't see those quality differences but I won't consider myself as a professional anyway. When you can...
I have got a rpi as client in my bedroom but especially when your focus is on tv the rpi will be a very limited alternative to a...
Sorry I'm looking for a small, and with a little price, TV client for my bedroom. It's really difficult to find some nice...
Replies
Views
Local content or content on remote storage [affects PSU choice among other things]? Cheers - JCMP.
Local content or content on remote storage [affects PSU choice among other things]? Cheers - JCMP.
I haven't been following the hardware scene for a loooong time, my old mediacenter pc just burned out so I need to build / buy a...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Asrock vision 3d 137B + Netgear XAVB5501 = the perfect MePo client? Yes. The netgear XAVB5501 is officialy at 500Mbps but for me I have 230-240Mbps (according to the Netgear software) which is perfect for HD content. I watch HD TV and blu-ray rip without any stuttering. The thing to know with the PCL technology is that it...
Re: AW: Asrock vision 3d 137B + Netgear XAVB5501 = the perfect MePo client? Yes. The netgear XAVB5501 is officialy at 500Mbps but...
Hello, I was searching for the perfect hardware for a MePo client, able to manage properly HD content (video and TV). I bought the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Don't know if you want to talk only about the Asus EB 1012 but if you search about the best client, what about the Dell Zino 410 HD or the Asrock Vision 3D? I would hesitate between these two ones...because they look more powerfull for HD contents. Ideally it could be fine to have feedback from people with one of these ones.
Hello, Don't know if you want to talk only about the Asus EB 1012 but if you search about the best client, what about the Dell Zino...
Hi! I use 3 Asus EeeBox as clients in my mulitseat setup (1x B202 / 2x B206). Good performance and in HD they need 21 W!! I...
Replies
Views
Hi Chef, MediaPortal runs on windows only.
Hi Chef, MediaPortal runs on windows only.
Hi all, I need a very small (micro) PC or equivalent to be able to stream MP from my TV/Server and recently stumbled upon this...
Replies
Views
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! After couple of a months, I finnaly have DTS from my ZBOX Zotac to AV receiver! SAF6 works great!....nothing needed some a special setup. Just installed and it was all..... using WIN 8.1 64..... Tnx guys......
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! After couple of a months, I finnaly have DTS from my ZBOX Zotac to AV receiver! SAF6 works...
Hey Guys/Gals Just put together a new system with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS OCZ SSD 60 Gig Hard Drive 8 Gigs of ram in a Zotac...
Replies
Views
I just saw Aria.co.uk has the bluray version of this for a little over £200.. was wondering if anyone has one of these myself.. Would be nice for the bedroom as client. Expensive brick if it turns out not powerful enough!
I just saw Aria.co.uk has the bluray version of this for a little over £200.. was wondering if anyone has one of these myself...
Anyone used one of these? http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/entertainment-center/403/mc001-e.html?c=2296 Would the "64 bit Dual...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a Zotac ZBox DVD-RW ID31 right now (gonna put an SSD into it and use external storage for my collections), will it run MediaPortal skins smoothly and play my 1080p mkv's without hiccups? Anyone have experience with this one? Emph
I'm looking at a Zotac ZBox DVD-RW ID31 right now (gonna put an SSD into it and use external storage for my collections), will it...
Hello everyone, can someone give me a hint? I am looking for a quiet (no fan noticable) HTPC, like the zotac hd-id40 I have...
Replies
Views
The giada does giadatech.com/
The giada does giadatech.com/
ASUS - Desktop S1-AT5NM10E Price-wise, design and first technical specs seem to be ok What do you guys think about it?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Zotac Nano XS AD11 DE
are there any specs available with mp installed on it? thinking of buying this one...
are there any specs available with mp installed on it? thinking of buying this one...
Coming to stores this month. Since search didnt return any results on ad11 i figured, some of you havent got the announcement yet...
Replies
Views
@osmyth FYI: I'm using the same APU in my Notebook and all I can say is, it don't have any Problem with live TV. Picture quality is just like on my R9-270x from my main HTPC.
@osmyth FYI: I'm using the same APU in my Notebook and all I can say is, it don't have any Problem with live TV. Picture quality is...
Hi guys, I'd like to recommend anybody who's considering buying a barebone commercial HTPC to have a look at the Sapphire Edge...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Small HTPC DE
I too have looked at these for a MP client. Can you tell me what OS you run on it and what the boot time is like?
I too have looked at these for a MP client. Can you tell me what OS you run on it and what the boot time is like?
I have just built my main htpc and am now looking at an sff machine to go in the bedroom (to replace a Humax HD). I have a tv...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Pivos XIOS DE
I actually, I put Linux with XBMC on it straigt away. I removed Android at once, as I've read boot up will take quite a long time. I had experiences with OpenELEC (XBMC direct boot based on LInux) and this should be similar. Results TVHeadend streaming (Linux): No fluent stream at all DVBviewer (Windows) Streaming: Every 2 or 3...
I actually, I put Linux with XBMC on it straigt away. I removed Android at once, as I've read boot up will take quite a long time...
Hi guys, had the Pivos XIOS ordered and installed Linux XBMC Version (Beta Version from 2013-01-29). But unfortunately, streaming...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Intel Compute Stick DE
I was going to start a new thread but I will update this one. Please forgive the thread revival but its along the same lines. I bought an Hanspree PC on a stick this week which is the same hardware as the Compute stick Gen 1 BUT without the annoying loud fan a lot of the reviews talk about. Results Mediaportal (version 1.14.0 as...
I was going to start a new thread but I will update this one. Please forgive the thread revival but its along the same lines. I...
This one looks interesting, too slow for a MePo client?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Zotac MAG (ION) DE
YES, I have experience with it :D. And I just LOVE it. It works great also for HD and I connected an HD projector to it to create an 108" image. See 'ongoing HTPC projects'. VdR
YES, I have experience with it :D. And I just LOVE it. It works great also for HD and I connected an HD projector to it to...
Hi guys.. What about this new sexy toy????its looking very hot.. ZOTAC - It's time to play! - mini-PC And here is a review...
Replies
Views
How ´bout a WindBox?!? I´ve recently added one of those to my oldest son´s room and he´s soo happy! The only thing to consider, is that depite the fact that this box is very little, is also quite noisy...:( I´m not 100% done with all the settings/setup of MP, but one reflection is that when I stream movies 560p or better, the fan...
How ´bout a WindBox?!? I´ve recently added one of those to my oldest son´s room and he´s soo happy! The only thing to consider...
Hi, I'm in the process of creating a distributed TV setup in my house. I've got my server / client setup in the lounge but need...
Replies
Views
Its ironic that you mention the vent on the Justop as overheating was one of the issues with the older model. Never had the problem myself but ive read lots of people who have had framerate slow downs due to heat transfer issues on the gpu. The Beelinks are my choice at the moment due to the Gigabit ethernet and larger HDD, but im...
Its ironic that you mention the vent on the Justop as overheating was one of the issues with the older model. Never had the problem...
There now seems to be a whole host of windows 10 based mini pc's to choose from and its time for me to buy another one for my sons...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Xtreamer Ultra2 DE
That looks a very interesting device to me indeed! Has anyone had any experience?
That looks a very interesting device to me indeed! Has anyone had any experience?
Just thought I'd hear everyones opinion on the new ultra2 set to be sent out early april. As I was reading earlier the Ultra...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Acer Revo RL70 DE
Please add your thoughts about this device by adding a page to the wiki http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware/All_in_One_Mini_HTPCs Log in with your forum login, then click add new page. If you have trouble making it look nice just add all the text and then send me a message and I will make it look nice...
Please add your thoughts about this device by adding a page to the wiki...
Think we could help each other here, I have got this, set it up and its running, Im a bit of a noob so might not be getting best...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Foxconn NT-330I DE
I just ordered one of these today and frankly was not sure what I was going to install on it to support my HTPC needs, but I want it to be basically a HTPC "client". It appears to have identical (or better in that it has 802.11n built-in) h/w as the Asrock that is a hot thread in this forum, so I'm very hopeful for it! I...
I just ordered one of these today and frankly was not sure what I was going to install on it to support my HTPC needs, but I want...
Anyone got one of these yet and loaded MP on it? looks like it could work well, just add HD and ram? Usb DVD? Newegg.com -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 @EB1501 Owners, how hot does it get? (1 Viewer) DE
Just for future reference, I opened the box and found a thich layer of dust between the heatpipe-radiator and the outlet of the fan effectively preventing cooling of the CPU and GPU.
Just for future reference, I opened the box and found a thich layer of dust between the heatpipe-radiator and the outlet of the fan...
Hi I am a bit worried that my EB1501 is overheating. I think the fan a bit louder than I would expect and once in a while it...
Replies
Views
Just FYI I now bought the Shield TV during Black Friday for €159,00 with a free Remote. Live TV with the MP1 TV Server through Kodi works like a charm. Switching channels is actually faster in the Shield compared with my MP Client. Unfortunately Voice Search does not work with the Kodi Database yet, but you can perform voice searches...
Just FYI I now bought the Shield TV during Black Friday for €159,00 with a free Remote. Live TV with the MP1 TV Server through Kodi...
Hey guys, I am thinking of buying a NVIDIA Shield TV. Anyone has experience with it yet? http://shield.nvidia.com/android-tv From...
Replies
Views
I don't think it would be powerful enough to do Hi10P software decode (and the GPU wouldn't help, as explained in the XMBC link). If money is tight, I'd either think about a cheap desktop PC or a cheap, mid-range laptop e.g. http://www.serversplus.com/pcs_and_accessories/laptops/hp_laptops/h5v09ea%23abu (about £260 inc VAT after the...
I don't think it would be powerful enough to do Hi10P software decode (and the GPU wouldn't help, as explained in the XMBC link)...
Hey all, I've been using XBMC on my Raspberry Pi, and I'm looking to get started with a HTPC, preferably with a budget machine that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Meegopad t02? DE
Hi Freethefire, i have bought the Meegopad on Amazon (http://www.amazon.de/MEEGOPAD-Intel-Atom-Computer-Graphics/dp/B017KQSUW6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1451989628&sr=8-9&keywords=Intel+Compute+Stick) with Windows 10 on board. The installation of MediaPortal 1 was easy and i set up the tv-server (DVB-C TechniSat Combo HD). I was...
Hi Freethefire, i have bought the Meegopad on Amazon...
Hello fellow MP users. I was wondering if anyone has tried using MP on the Meegopad t02/t01? Seems like it could be a nice low...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom