Barebones and commercial HTPC's (2 Viewers)

This forum is for discussions about Barebones, and commercial HTPC's.
Ah yes, I was looking at the 7x00Ms and not the 7x00G.
Ah yes, I was looking at the 7x00Ms and not the 7x00G.
Sapphire are continuing to release their mini-PCs, and at this CES, they are showing off some New ones, including 2 based on...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 xtreamer ultra - DE
And now I've found the Arctic MC101 which also looks pretty good!
And now I've found the Arctic MC101 which also looks pretty good!
At first glance looks to have the right specs for a MP client. Also noticed the marketing material references MP too... Wonder...
Replies
Views
Hi Chef, MediaPortal runs on windows only.
Hi Chef, MediaPortal runs on windows only.
Hi all, I need a very small (micro) PC or equivalent to be able to stream MP from my TV/Server and recently stumbled upon this...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Xtreamer Ultra2 DE
That looks a very interesting device to me indeed! Has anyone had any experience?
That looks a very interesting device to me indeed! Has anyone had any experience?
Just thought I'd hear everyones opinion on the new ultra2 set to be sent out early april. As I was reading earlier the Ultra...
Replies
Views
How ´bout a WindBox?!? I´ve recently added one of those to my oldest son´s room and he´s soo happy! The only thing to consider, is that depite the fact that this box is very little, is also quite noisy...:( I´m not 100% done with all the settings/setup of MP, but one reflection is that when I stream movies 560p or better, the fan...
How ´bout a WindBox?!? I´ve recently added one of those to my oldest son´s room and he´s soo happy! The only thing to consider...
Hi, I'm in the process of creating a distributed TV setup in my house. I've got my server / client setup in the lounge but need...
Replies
Views
Oopsie...type above... I've corrected it now :confused:
Oopsie...type above... I've corrected it now :confused:
Hi guys, I am considering another small client (after being disappoint with my existing Zotac ION2 I am wary of these small low...
Replies
Views
We were all new to MP once ;) It is a steep learning curve, but that is because it can do soooo much! My pals (when they come around) like what it can do. One mate is especially envious as he is paying about £90 per month to Sky for multiroom, and I can pretty much do the same thing and have YouTube, iPlayer and all the other...
We were all new to MP once ;) It is a steep learning curve, but that is because it can do soooo much! My pals (when they come...
I want two clients for the lounge and bedroom, I need to: Play full BR rips from the server Watch sky HD channels from the server...
Replies
Views
I hope too ;-)
I hope too ;-)
HI So im looking for a new client for my media portal system. currently i have Server Win Server 2008 r2 with For the Record...
Replies
Views
I am. But I've decided to give nettops few more years to mature... :rolleyes: This is what I'm planning for now: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-htpc-please-comment.106233/
I am. But I've decided to give nettops few more years to mature... :rolleyes: This is what I'm planning for now...
I got myself an EB1501P few weeks ago and spent considerable time trying to make it work well, but have failed. The problem is a...
Replies
Views
That would be my recommendation - if you feel you MUST have these, as opposed to 'if it don't work, no worries' then I'd recommend something with more CPU power, so you avoid the risk you'll invest and then find your hitting brick wall. If you happy to try and share success & failures, then different story:-) Good luck which ever...
That would be my recommendation - if you feel you MUST have these, as opposed to 'if it don't work, no worries' then I'd recommend...
I am planning a new media setup, and i have pretty much everything sorted out apart from the recievers. Basically, there will be 4...
Replies
Views
I got an ePC mini PC (basically the same as those ACER ones) and use that as a 1080p client. It cost about £120 on eBuyer, but they don't have any in stock now. As long as you get something that has ION or equivalent, I'm sure it will be fine. One thing I would say is that I had to put XP on mine, as under Win7, it didn't do 1080p so...
I got an ePC mini PC (basically the same as those ACER ones) and use that as a 1080p client. It cost about £120 on eBuyer, but they...
I'm in need of a new client PC for the kitchen and am considering one of these all in one PCs which are effectively built in to the...
Replies
Views
Have a look at Media Centre MMC-12 - Tranquil PC Limited Store but be prepared to dig deep in your pockets.
Have a look at Media Centre MMC-12 - Tranquil PC Limited Store but be prepared to dig deep in your pockets.
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a Zotac ZBox DVD-RW ID31 right now (gonna put an SSD into it and use external storage for my collections), will it run MediaPortal skins smoothly and play my 1080p mkv's without hiccups? Anyone have experience with this one? Emph
I'm looking at a Zotac ZBox DVD-RW ID31 right now (gonna put an SSD into it and use external storage for my collections), will it...
Hello everyone, can someone give me a hint? I am looking for a quiet (no fan noticable) HTPC, like the zotac hd-id40 I have...
Replies
Views
Yeah, I was surprised about your noise issue, mine produces not sound at all, even during summer time when weather is hot and playing with HD content (36 GB Avatar). I am extremely happy with this piece of hw, the only thing I am not 100% satisfied is the time it requires to boot up (around 2 minutes), but I hardly use it because I...
Yeah, I was surprised about your noise issue, mine produces not sound at all, even during summer time when weather is hot and...
Just wanted to share my experience with the Asrock 3d vision 137. I've been a fan of the Asrock Ion series for some time due to the...
Replies
Views
I think the AD10 is probably a better choice due to the better graphics chip.
I think the AD10 is probably a better choice due to the better graphics chip.
Announced last week, no pricing or availability dates yet. ZOTAC® Launches Affordable Palm-Sized ZBOX nano VD01 Series mini-PCs...
Replies
Views
Think this machine looks like a promising replacement for my EB1012 but I am a bit worried about its graphic performance. Has anyone out here tested this machine with mediaportal and can give a short review on how it works?
Think this machine looks like a promising replacement for my EB1012 but I am a bit worried about its graphic performance. Has...
Think this machine looks like a promising replacement for my EB1012 but I am a bit worried about its graphic performance. Has...
Replies
Views
Ahh... I vaguely remember mine doing something like this on an install reboot and IIRC when it wanted to reboot during the install procedure I just unplugged the USB drive (or possibly just ejected the disc) to stop it installing from the beginning again. When it needed to read from the disc I think it popped a dialog box up saying...
Ahh... I vaguely remember mine doing something like this on an install reboot and IIRC when it wanted to reboot during the install...
Hi all, Just got a new house and finally got the stage that my antec fusion MP system is not good enough any more. My plan is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have used a Shuttle SH67H3 with an i3 as a main server and love it but I want to use the X350 as client obviously the Ion version is the go but I want to know if any one has any experience with this. I am new to the forum and have not found any information on this elsewhere yet.
Hi I have used a Shuttle SH67H3 with an i3 as a main server and love it but I want to use the X350 as client obviously the Ion...
Shuttle XPC | PC Made Modern : Shuttle Gets Home Media Down to an ION – Hexus TV: Computex 2010 :: Shuttle gets home media...
Replies
Views
Just for future reference, I opened the box and found a thich layer of dust between the heatpipe-radiator and the outlet of the fan effectively preventing cooling of the CPU and GPU.
Just for future reference, I opened the box and found a thich layer of dust between the heatpipe-radiator and the outlet of the fan...
Hi I am a bit worried that my EB1501 is overheating. I think the fan a bit louder than I would expect and once in a while it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Mini ITX DE
AW: Mini ITX I use the Digital Devices Duoflex for PCIe, it's really small and fits nicely into my box. The integrated 6310 can handle live tv fine.
AW: Mini ITX I use the Digital Devices Duoflex for PCIe, it's really small and fits nicely into my box. The integrated 6310 can...
Hi all I am looking at building a small form HTPC for kids room and was wondering if this will power MP new UI and TV server...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 DE
I have now started this codec discussion on this part of the forum here, as it is more relevant. However, just by way of an update for others who may have similar problems, I installed the SAF6 codec pack by Hoborg and unlocked it. I started using the PDVD11 codecs which specifically use the GPU's processing power and after a fews...
I have now started this codec discussion on this part of the forum here, as it is more relevant. However, just by way of an...
check out this sweet baby: http://www.zotac.com/httpdocs/brochures/ZBOX/ZBOX-HD-ID11_v1.pdf newest intel atom CPU newest...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Foxconn NT-330I DE
I just ordered one of these today and frankly was not sure what I was going to install on it to support my HTPC needs, but I want it to be basically a HTPC "client". It appears to have identical (or better in that it has 802.11n built-in) h/w as the Asrock that is a hot thread in this forum, so I'm very hopeful for it! I...
I just ordered one of these today and frankly was not sure what I was going to install on it to support my HTPC needs, but I want...
Anyone got one of these yet and loaded MP on it? looks like it could work well, just add HD and ram? Usb DVD? Newegg.com -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Acer Revo RL100 DE
Hi all, haven't found much here about this piece of hardware (Acer Revo RL100). Is anyone using it with Mediaportal. What are your experiences with the built in DVB-T card, touchpad remote under Mediaportal etc. Any comments welcome.
Hi all, haven't found much here about this piece of hardware (Acer Revo RL100). Is anyone using it with Mediaportal. What are your...
Hi all, haven't found much here about this piece of hardware (Acer Revo RL100). Is anyone using it with Mediaportal. What are your...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Asrock vision 3d 137B + Netgear XAVB5501 = the perfect MePo client? Yes. The netgear XAVB5501 is officialy at 500Mbps but for me I have 230-240Mbps (according to the Netgear software) which is perfect for HD content. I watch HD TV and blu-ray rip without any stuttering. The thing to know with the PCL technology is that it...
Re: AW: Asrock vision 3d 137B + Netgear XAVB5501 = the perfect MePo client? Yes. The netgear XAVB5501 is officialy at 500Mbps but...
Hello, I was searching for the perfect hardware for a MePo client, able to manage properly HD content (video and TV). I bought the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I also think that it won't be powerful enough.
Hi, I also think that it won't be powerful enough.
Hey guys, running MP on my home HTPC now and loving it. I don have a question, i am ordering a windows 7 home premium CTL 2go pad...
Replies
Views
Was just checking out some android news and saw this So what is this Homebrew thing, anyway? | www.vidtonic.com Build Your Own Android-based TV Thanks to VidTonic [VIDEO] [CES 2011] | Android Phone Fans Would be good if you didn't need a PC for your front end and could just stream/control you back en from your TV
Was just checking out some android news and saw this So what is this Homebrew thing, anyway? | www.vidtonic.com Build Your Own...
Was just checking out some android news and saw this So what is this Homebrew thing, anyway? | www.vidtonic.com Build Your Own...
Replies
Views
Here you go: HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing others icl. Ticker Home Theater Computers Question This is a purpose test file that will tell you how well de-interlacing is working.
Here you go: HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing others icl. Ticker Home Theater Computers Question...
Hi fellow MP'ers, I just recently discovered MediaPortal, and I totally love it. It's just what I needed. But now I'm building up...
Replies
Views
Hello, Don't know if you want to talk only about the Asus EB 1012 but if you search about the best client, what about the Dell Zino 410 HD or the Asrock Vision 3D? I would hesitate between these two ones...because they look more powerfull for HD contents. Ideally it could be fine to have feedback from people with one of these ones.
Hello, Don't know if you want to talk only about the Asus EB 1012 but if you search about the best client, what about the Dell Zino...
Hi! I use 3 Asus EeeBox as clients in my mulitseat setup (1x B202 / 2x B206). Good performance and in HD they need 21 W!! I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ASRock Core 100HT DE
I'm thinking seriously of adding the Core 100HT-BD as a client, then moving my TVServer out of the media room. I'm considering the barebones unit and adding an i5-750 and 4 GB mem. I think a 32bit OS is all I'll ever need for just streaming media from the server. My gigabit wired network should carry the bandwidth just fine. The only...
I'm thinking seriously of adding the Core 100HT-BD as a client, then moving my TVServer out of the media room. I'm considering the...
Anyone out there got one? ASRock Core 100HT
Replies
Views
After playing around late last night... I got it working. The problem is with the HDMI Drivers I suspect (or the TV) not supporting Dolby Digital or DTS thru HDMI. Only supports 2 channels of audio. I read up on other sites other people have that problem. That said, I used SAF anyways, with FFdshow enabling pass-thru and...
After playing around late last night... I got it working. The problem is with the HDMI Drivers I suspect (or the TV) not...
In my recent quest for a small(er) footprint client, I have been playing around with a few concept PC's. I started with the Dell...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom