Improvement Suggestions (22 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
M
Hi, yes, that's a feature I'm also missing! As malte71 said before this is no #1 priority, but would make the use of my radio a lot nicer :-) A solution would probably be to add an "iSort" field to the radio database like we already have in TV... But as i said I'm no C#-programmer and so I'm not able to do this :-( Greetings...
Hi, yes, that's a feature I'm also missing! As malte71 said before this is no #1 priority, but would make the use of my radio a...
Hello, referring to the resolved issue nr. 0000482: sorting of radio channels has been removed in version 0.1.2.0 (see mantis...
Replies
Views
sorry guys :oops: i havemade an mistake. what i mean is the "advanced single day grab". this is an option in the mp config for use with xmltv. it is much faster because it generate 7 files at the same time. this mean it grabs the data for 7 days at the same time. when i make an scheduled task for that, or run the grabber from within...
sorry guys :oops: i havemade an mistake. what i mean is the "advanced single day grab". this is an option in the mp config for use...
when i press f3 and then import tvguide, this only works with an tvguide.xml file. when i set to advanced multiday grab in config...
Replies
Views
AW: [already done] Codec: Use FFDShow Profiles Do I need to rebuild the graph with these automatic presets?
AW: [already done] Codec: Use FFDShow Profiles Do I need to rebuild the graph with these automatic presets?
I use HDMI 2.0 output for TV, using FFDShow, so it has the mixer enabled to downmix to 2.0. For videos I wanna use my external 5.1...
Replies
Views
A
I think i dont understand your post. What is mofux working on? And if you are developing wpf stuff for about 2.5 years, just show us something. We search for WPF developers to help porting MP, so its your chance to just act as an dev after your great words. greets agree
I think i dont understand your post. What is mofux working on? And if you are developing wpf stuff for about 2.5 years, just...
Hi! Media Portal Interface is really friendly. But i think, as the other MC/HTPC interface... it miss some ambience animation...
Replies
Views
Boelshit, thank you. Of course I checked the setup before posting. must have been blind. it is simply there. req. canceled. tomtom
Boelshit, thank you. Of course I checked the setup before posting. must have been blind. it is simply there. req. canceled...
Have ripped a couple of cd´s with mp. the following happened: It is a sampler The ripped songs went to c:\ root directory...
Replies
Views
It would be great to be able to watch trailers through OnlineVideos before starting the movie :)
It would be great to be able to watch trailers through OnlineVideos before starting the movie :)
I've been thinking all the plugins in MP feel much too seperated......ah well, I don't feel like writing a long introduction, so...
Replies
Views
Hi, jep, the button is not there, too. Flip.
Hi, jep, the button is not there, too. Flip.
Hi, in the BlueTwo skin the button "search" in My Videos disappeared. I think this was a good decision, since this button was...
Replies
Views
Possibility to use more than one MP client is already discuted. The solution gived is only a workaround. Why you still keep SQL3 database where mysql can have simultaneous access, good performance and some possibility to manage our database with third party plugin/software (or integrated module in configuration part of MP)? Sorry...
Possibility to use more than one MP client is already discuted. The solution gived is only a workaround. Why you still keep SQL3...
Possibility to use more than one MP client is already discuted. The solution gived is only a workaround. Why you still keep SQL3...
Replies
Views
No need to be sorry. I closed the thread and added [Existing feature]
No need to be sorry. I closed the thread and added [Existing feature]
There's an option in MP config that you can display the channel numbers in EPG. As those numbers do not reflect the order in...
Replies
Views
I would vote to add a Graphic Equalizer to iMON external driver. I received this info from hwahrmann: Basically, you need to implement the methods as described in the Core\MusicPlayer\Visualization\IVisualization.cs Then have a look at SoniqueViz.cs in the same dir. Initialize() - is called, when MP startups and does the...
I would vote to add a Graphic Equalizer to iMON external driver. I received this info from hwahrmann: Basically, you need to...
I would vote to add a Graphic Equalizer to iMON external driver. I received this info from hwahrmann: Basically, you need to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hereafter a request for a new feature to improve MyMusic in MediaPortal (the same request has been made also for the FanartHandler plugin; it would be perfect if both will support this). When browsing the music albums, normally the artist fanart is diplayed on the background. It would be nice to have the possiblity to...
Hi All, Hereafter a request for a new feature to improve MyMusic in MediaPortal (the same request has been made also for the...
Hi All, Hereafter a request for a new feature to improve MyMusic in MediaPortal (the same request has been made also for the...
Replies
Views
Hello, is it planned to have a "full text TV programm search"? Right now the chosing of a start button and the cycle through all series with this is really annoying. Also I very often don't know if the series is called eiter so or so. e.g "Monk" or "The Monk" Bye Jens
Hello, is it planned to have a "full text TV programm search"? Right now the chosing of a start button and the cycle through all...
Hello, is it planned to have a "full text TV programm search"? Right now the chosing of a start button and the cycle through all...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First of all I'd like to state that I'm new to Media Portal, and I'm quite stunned at the amount of functionality and the quality of the program :o! I've searched a bit on the forum and I haven't found a topic that quite resembled the idea I have; hopefully someone will find it a useful feature and put some time in...
Hi All, First of all I'd like to state that I'm new to Media Portal, and I'm quite stunned at the amount of functionality and...
Hi All, First of all I'd like to state that I'm new to Media Portal, and I'm quite stunned at the amount of functionality and...
Replies
Views
SURE it's OK :D the next thing is Deda rework ( but not for now, it's so young)
SURE it's OK :D the next thing is Deda rework ( but not for now, it's so young)
Hi, Team and Dev. Please Can you modify the function Play (with remote) on Myvidéos. For Play all vidéo into Selected folder...
Replies
Views
I have a system that does exactly this. It also shows the movies the actor has been in in the actor info screen, those movies the actor has appeared in that are in the database are also clickable in the actor info screen - showing the same movie info, with clickable actor info. Quite a few changes to the core software and also...
I have a system that does exactly this. It also shows the movies the actor has been in in the actor info screen, those movies...
Started on: 2006-12-27 last update: 2006-12-27 Summary: When you view the cast in movieinfo-screen, you will see a list with...
Replies
Views
I'd like this as well. I use the My Music to listen to podcasts that I have downloaded. Once I listen to them, I'd like to delete them. It woul be so handy and match the functionality of the My Videos.
I'd like this as well. I use the My Music to listen to podcasts that I have downloaded. Once I listen to them, I'd like to delete...
I would like the possibility to delete a song from my harddisk Key could be "0" could be in the context menu. Don´t know how...
Replies
Views
Hi, since MP uses the Amazon Web Services for coverart lookup, the results are not as satisfying as formerly with the google lookup. Especially for non-english titles the lookup is sometimes very bad. Eg. does the german title "Schiffmeldungen" not give any results with the amazon.com lookup. The Amazon Web Services also exists...
Hi, since MP uses the Amazon Web Services for coverart lookup, the results are not as satisfying as formerly with the google...
Hi, since MP uses the Amazon Web Services for coverart lookup, the results are not as satisfying as formerly with the google...
Replies
Views
Thx, but I know that. This is what i do now ;)
Thx, but I know that. This is what i do now ;)
Hi, Most of time, I use the internal player for watching film in MyVideo. But some videos can't be watch witout install some...
Replies
Views
When retrieving a new movie detail from my favourite web site, there's sometimes no image available or a wrong one. In this case, I remember Google is my friend and put the image I found in the same folder than the movie, with the same name. If I didn't retrieve movie details, the image is displayed in the lists. If I did, I got...
When retrieving a new movie detail from my favourite web site, there's sometimes no image available or a wrong one. In this case, I...
When retrieving a new movie detail from my favourite web site, there's sometimes no image available or a wrong one. In this case, I...
Replies
Views
Thx mbuzina, for visual people:
Thx mbuzina, for visual people:
Sorry guys, I know its a bad subject description. What I mean is that when in MyMusic if you use the Artist view it instantly...
Replies
Views
It would be wonderfull if there would be an option to add the album information download from the internet (with the "i" button on a Microsoft MCE remote) to the ID3 tags of the MP3 songs!
It would be wonderfull if there would be an option to add the album information download from the internet (with the "i" button on...
It would be wonderfull if there would be an option to add the album information download from the internet (with the "i" button on...
Replies
Views
A
Still listed as a bug in mantis so I dont think there is a way yet. I find its only a problem using WMP10 visualisations, if I use those really basic 'Battery' ones then it runs quite good. Kinda slow to enter or exit fullscreen when they're running though.
Still listed as a bug in mantis so I dont think there is a way yet. I find its only a problem using WMP10 visualisations, if I use...
Compared to Got All Media, your FullScreen visualisation are very slow. Radeon 9200 - Pixel Trip: GAM: 50 fps MP: 20 Fps...
Replies
Views
A
Sorry, wrong place. Kind of works now. Nearly.
Sorry, wrong place. Kind of works now. Nearly.
Hi Actually, i'm using a Plextor Convertx Px-M402U for recording tv of my satellite Decoder This product support harware...
Replies
Views
Now the MyVideo Database scan the disk and try and find the informations about the movie: but unless you are english it rarely get the right informations (of course, it cannot know the original title by the italian title). So, maybe it can be a nice addition to let the db editor know the url of the imdb film page. I mean, when I...
Now the MyVideo Database scan the disk and try and find the informations about the movie: but unless you are english it rarely get...
Now the MyVideo Database scan the disk and try and find the informations about the movie: but unless you are english it rarely get...
Replies
Views
Re: [New MyTV Option] Default to Fullscreen when starting li I must say I agree with you. This would higher the usability and and would make me happy (WAF) :) Best regards, Frewald
Re: [New MyTV Option] Default to Fullscreen when starting li I must say I agree with you. This would higher the usability and...
Hi all, I think this might improve the My TV UI experience: - Add a new option in the My TV settings (there is none at the...
Replies
Views
Hiya. Having used a tivo( which I think is the coolest product that no-one has beaten yet), there are three things sort of mentioned above that I think will make the killer app: 1) Tivo's ability to mark interest by actor & director - both manually and automatically - and then record films/programs with these profiles...
Hiya. Having used a tivo( which I think is the coolest product that no-one has beaten yet), there are three things sort of...
O.K. Here is the idea. Let´s see if there is enough interest and if a programmer jumbs on it :) Create some sort of personal...
Replies
Views
Yeah fair enough for more advanced users but for your average user to start re-mapping keys on the remote to achieve basic functionality such as going back to full screen video from the home screen is ludicrous. It’s not exactly obvious to press the red button on your remote to get back, especially if you don’t have the red button to...
Yeah fair enough for more advanced users but for your average user to start re-mapping keys on the remote to achieve basic...
Sometimes when you are playing fullscreen video/tv and you activate the main menu, say basic home, once you have been to several...
Replies
Views
database
database
Started on: last update: Summary: True Music Management or Just A Basic Player? [Interface is not convenient for large...
Replies
Views
Great :thx: regards wadu
Great :thx: regards wadu
Started on: 2007-01-04 last update: 2007-01-09 Developers: DalaNorth, rtv in svn since: Revision: 12575 Date: 20:44:05...
Replies
Views
@Moderating : This thread need to be "close" in rejected because plugin already exist !
@Moderating : This thread need to be "close" in rejected because plugin already exist !
@hwahrmann / @jameson_uk Hi guys, with all new technology and bigger storage, it's possible to Add Flac or equivalent for ripp...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom