MediaPortal 1 Talk (47 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Taipan, It seems like you sure have your act together. :) I have similar interests as you. Would you mind posting snippets/examples of your batch file regarding the importation process and command line switches of the <tvguide.xml> using <TVGuideScheduler.exe>, as well as examples of starting and stopping Media Portal? You've...
Taipan, It seems like you sure have your act together. :) I have similar interests as you. Would you mind posting...
As the subject says, I have XMLTV working and batched up to a task scheduler. My question is how can I get Media Portal to...
Replies
Views
Promising Looks promising. I'll give it a go later, thanks.
Promising Looks promising. I'll give it a go later, thanks.
I thought I was missing something obvious, but a search thru the archives tells me that as of a couple of months ago radio (DVBT...
Replies
Views
isn't this a known issue that's already in Mantis? I think there are a couple of threads about it already.
isn't this a known issue that's already in Mantis? I think there are a couple of threads about it already.
Hallo. Just want to know if there are someone who have got a hybride card to working with the new Tv engine? Do everyone have...
Replies
Views
I was also considering using a 1000mhz via micro itx system for client. However i would say there could be some issues from time to time with such a weak cpu. i thought the server would be capable of decoding compressed video and send to the client as regular mpeg2. This not being the case the client must still, in any regular...
I was also considering using a 1000mhz via micro itx system for client. However i would say there could be some issues from time...
minimum hardware spec ?? has there been any discussion about what the minimum hardware spec might be for the tv server part. am...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVB Subtitles DE
Teletext on CRT TV's has normally two modes (with background/transparent), MediaPortal currently only support the mode with background. This means (at least for me) when viewing Canal+ and selecting Text-TV/Teletext from the context menu you get page 100 with background, if you then go to page 199 you get the subtitles in Swedish but...
Teletext on CRT TV's has normally two modes (with background/transparent), MediaPortal currently only support the mode with...
Hi What's the status on DVB subtitles in MediaProtal? Does MediaPortal support this yet? /Magnus
Replies
Views
here is a useful technical comparison if you use DVB-S (not focused on quality control): http://www.compression.ru/video/codec_comparison/mpeg-2_2006_en.html i sorta like the elecard MPEG2 video codec simply because it deals nicely with pretty damaged streams. the picture is clear, the CPU usage is up to par with its competitors but...
here is a useful technical comparison if you use DVB-S (not focused on quality control)...
I am new to media portal. I am using the installed Dscaler MPEG2 decoder. It looks good. I was wondering which codec provides...
Replies
Views
I'm pretty certain that there will be support for mySQL and other stuff aswell in the (near?) future. Just a guess tho.
I'm pretty certain that there will be support for mySQL and other stuff aswell in the (near?) future. Just a guess tho.
Wanted to try the new TVserver tonight, so I started by installing SQLServer 2005 Express on my little server I wanted to use, a...
Replies
Views
bingo thanks recosta
bingo thanks recosta
Is there anyway to stop the new scrolling effect when you go through the menu items, it sort of does a nice delay effect but i'm...
Replies
Views
Here's a way of patching Windows to increase the concurrent connections. http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=tools Of course not supported by Microsoft :)
Here's a way of patching Windows to increase the concurrent connections. http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=tools Of course...
When I come to install my new TV server, I (along with many others I guess) will be using Windows XP home as the base OS. I only...
Replies
Views
Great! :) :thx:
Great! :) :thx:
For German MP users: The new TV server now also comes with a TV Movie Clickfinder import plugin. Works exactly as the plugin for...
Replies
Views
Because unfortunately ATSC support is still rather new for most users, and few people have an ATSC setup, let alone are able to explain their setup well enough to write documentation for it! :D Im still using a SD hardware encoding tuner for my HTPC, so you're venturing into grounds I've never been to. Posting a support question in...
Because unfortunately ATSC support is still rather new for most users, and few people have an ATSC setup, let alone are able to...
Hey MP users. I'm discouraged. I downloaded MP 4 days ago. I posted to get some info thinkn' this program was uncomplicated. I...
Replies
Views
I backed up my "Team Mediaportal" directory, uninstalled through Control Panel, installed 0.2.1.0 - Dumped the complete "database" directory from the old 0.2.0.4 installation into the new "Team Mediaportal", rebootet - and everything just works..
I backed up my "Team Mediaportal" directory, uninstalled through Control Panel, installed 0.2.1.0 - Dumped the complete "database"...
Hi, It seems that S/PDIF output is not working with the latest 0.2.1.0. I am using the MPA audio codec with the Default...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 client h/w specs DE
i think you will need a bit more than 300mhz 800mhz would be the minimum imo
i think you will need a bit more than 300mhz 800mhz would be the minimum imo
I realize this question has been up before and possibly there isnt a good answer just yet. But still. What kind of specs can we be...
Replies
Views
Software encoding cards is not supported (yet) to quote frodo from another thread.
Software encoding cards is not supported (yet) to quote frodo from another thread.
MediaPortal TVServer Beta 1 Released We are proud to release the first beta of the new MediaPortal Tv Server Please note this...
Replies
Views
The safe method is the one explained above. Databases and configuration files can change from one version to another; using older files may cause that MP gets bad configuration data.
The safe method is the one explained above. Databases and configuration files can change from one version to another; using older...
[SOLVED] which backed up files do I need to copy over for my stb setup? Hi - I have done a fresh install of 2.1.0. after backing...
Replies
Views
done. continue this discussion here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?p=85670#post85670
done. continue this discussion here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?p=85670#post85670
Many people were asking us in the forums how the new TV-Server/Client concept will work. The attached files should answer your...
Replies
Views
other benefits: - support for mutiple clients - multiple servers - seperation between client & server - streaming tv etc ( you might wanna look in this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11466 ) frodo
other benefits: - support for mutiple clients - multiple servers - seperation between client & server - streaming tv etc ( you...
What are the benefits of using the TV server when you only use it on one PC? Is the TVServer more stable than the currently used...
Replies
Views
I mean by clicking the button that closes MP or Minimize to tray (if it configured to minimize to tray). My Setup ASUS P5AD2 E Premuim 500 + 160 GB HardDisk 2 GB ram Pentium 4 3.4ghz PVR 150 TV Card SKYSTAR 2 DVB-S DIVCO Gold HDTV card MediaPortal 0.2.1.0 MyTheatre
I mean by clicking the button that closes MP or Minimize to tray (if it configured to minimize to tray). My Setup ASUS P5AD2...
When is mediaportal going to support Dishnetwork Sattelite. why it does not tune any channels. Anybody got it working, please post...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Which TV Tuner Card DE
im using the nova-t and have not had any problems with it. it also comes with a remote, but that remote isnt that good. for a remote, i would suggest you go to any reseller, that has remotes ang grab the one, you like. then you can buy a remote receiver or just assemble one yourself (its quite easy and costs only about 5€).
im using the nova-t and have not had any problems with it. it also comes with a remote, but that remote isnt that good. for a...
I am looking into buying a TV tuner card so I can turn my work station into a media centre PC using Media Portal. I live in the...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the forums :)
Welcome to the forums :)
Hello This is my first post, so hello everyone, sorry I’ve posted this question in wrong forum. I’m about to set up a new...
Replies
Views
ddragas, Plz tell us how u did it? Having a simmular problem, but same error msg... //Johan
ddragas, Plz tell us how u did it? Having a simmular problem, but same error msg... //Johan
I get error cant start MPG2 Pin when trying to watch Sat TV from SkyStar2 DVB-S card What does it mean?
Replies
Views
Hi, please use our Quality Assurance for bug reports: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74 Do not forget to fill out your system specs in the User CP to provide the support template. Thanks! :) Flip.
Hi, please use our Quality Assurance for bug reports: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74 Do not forget to...
Hi, It seems the new 0.2.1.0 version does not seem to save its screen calibration settings. I have tried on two machines using...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Stuttering audio DE
Hi I have two problems concerning the audio. 1. I am trying to find out the reason for my stuttering audio. I have tried different codecs without any effect. In fact only one channel is affected at a time. Switching to another channel and switching back, stops the stuttering. Unfortunately this problem occurs more often in...
Hi I have two problems concerning the audio. 1. I am trying to find out the reason for my stuttering audio. I have tried...
Hi I have two problems concerning the audio. 1. I am trying to find out the reason for my stuttering audio. I have tried...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 EPG UK BCC channels DE
Had the issue of BBC1 not getting epg data sometimes with 0.2.04 seems ok with 0.2.1 so far!
Had the issue of BBC1 not getting epg data sometimes with 0.2.04 seems ok with 0.2.1 so far!
Don't know if this is a bug or not yet, so i'll post and ask if anyone has the same occurances. I've been running the for most...
Replies
Views
Hehe, good one:D
Hehe, good one:D
Hi, i'ha installed the last SVN version and this my home plugin : and with 0.2.0.4 : what happen ? thanks
Replies
Views
it doesn't matter if you use 2.0 or 2.1 as base for recent svn as most files will be replaced when applying a snapshot
it doesn't matter if you use 2.0 or 2.1 as base for recent svn as most files will be replaced when applying a snapshot
I have the latest stable patch installed with no SVN content. Can I install over the current setup or should I do a complete...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Virus found in SVNs DE
Here we go again, As said before MP does NOT contain trojans/viruses We are very carefull when distributing a new release and each release is also verified by SoftPedia to be completely clean of adware/viruses/trojans: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Players/MediaPortal.shtml We already posted about this...
Here we go again, As said before MP does NOT contain trojans/viruses We are very carefull when distributing a new release and...
Hallo I made a manuall scan of my harddrive after viruses, and my antivirus software fund viruses inside two of the svn files a...
Replies
Views
You set the My TV Recordings folder path from within the TV Capture card setup - edit you TV card from within MP Seup and you should see an option to change the path hidden behind one of the tabs - I can't recall exactly where, and I am not at my HTPC to check .... :)
You set the My TV Recordings folder path from within the TV Capture card setup - edit you TV card from within MP Seup and you...
I may be confused as to where I set the path for saving TV shows. It seems that no matter what I set my Movies Folders to my shows...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to use Foobar2000 as my external music player in MP so I can take advantage of kernel streaming, but when I try and follow the online music setup instructions (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalSetup_Music) I notice that my screen is different than the screenshot in the pic, and that my dropdown for internal music...
I'm trying to use Foobar2000 as my external music player in MP so I can take advantage of kernel streaming, but when I try and...
I'm trying to use Foobar2000 as my external music player in MP so I can take advantage of kernel streaming, but when I try and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Aligning TV Aerial DE
Hi there, I don't really know where to put this, so if this needs to be moved then Mods please do move. I am looking for some software that will allow me to see the signal strength i am getting from a particular frequency and so i can move and change the aerial settings accordingly. I have a Compro T200 by the way. Thanks.
Hi there, I don't really know where to put this, so if this needs to be moved then Mods please do move. I am looking for some...
Hi there, I don't really know where to put this, so if this needs to be moved then Mods please do move. I am looking for some...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom