MediaPortal 1 Talk (58 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
It worked! There's no hotkey, but it's easy to set up and runnable from myprograms (I have to use the mouse, but just for 1 click) Thanx! F. p.s. anyhow the color and audio profile inside mediaportal could be a good feature
It worked! There's no hotkey, but it's easy to set up and runnable from myprograms (I have to use the mouse, but just for 1 click)...
I've got this kind of problem, outside mediaportal. My htpc is connected to a lcd screen and a projector. Normally I use lcd and I...
Replies
Views
MBM has become pretty useless since most current bords are no longer supported. thats realy bad, i used that tool very often in the past.
MBM has become pretty useless since most current bords are no longer supported. thats realy bad, i used that tool very often in...
I know this seems to be a very silly question, but i really dont know how high my CPU load is while watching TV? Everybody says...
Replies
Views
i would try calibrating the output using monitor calibration wizard
i would try calibrating the output using monitor calibration wizard
What am I missing? I have seen several entries regarding Brightness/Contrast/Sharpness settings. It also show in the (Release)...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm new to MP but like what I see so far. Trouble is, I don't know if I'm missing something the MP does, or whether it's a 'feature request' Is it possible in MP to insert a camera memory card into a card reader and have MP either switch to My Pictures and show the pictures automatically or preferably perform the same action...
Hi all. I'm new to MP but like what I see so far. Trouble is, I don't know if I'm missing something the MP does, or whether it's a...
Hi all. I'm new to MP but like what I see so far. Trouble is, I don't know if I'm missing something the MP does, or whether it's a...
Replies
Views
I posted it in the Install Support Forum and got 0 responses. Thanks alot for this. I'm going to try to run and old version, scan, and then update to 2.1
I posted it in the Install Support Forum and got 0 responses. Thanks alot for this. I'm going to try to run and old version...
Is there a place where I can download the older versions. I've been searching around the site but I can't seem to find it. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Deinterlacing DE
More headache here: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_4/dvd-benchmark-part-5-progressive-10-2000.html
More headache here: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_4/dvd-benchmark-part-5-progressive-10-2000.html
I need a little explanation of the deinterlacing options. Here are my questions: 1) What is the difference between bob, weave...
Replies
Views
Thanks Jetboy - just what I needed.
Thanks Jetboy - just what I needed.
[SOLVED] how to watch a recording from beginning while still recording? Sorry for what is probably me just being thick, but I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 WOL + IR-Control DE
Thank you ziphnor, I will keep the MCE remote+receiver in mind. I was wondering if the MCE supports WOL (is present on my mobo). In other words; can MCE send the magic packet?
Thank you ziphnor, I will keep the MCE remote+receiver in mind. I was wondering if the MCE supports WOL (is present on my mobo)...
Hey everybody, As an advanced newbie with MP, I'm trying to make my HTPC accesible with remote control. WOL in combination with IR...
Replies
Views
Is there any specific order that i should be updating the SVN releases? for example should i install MP SVN first then the TV server update. And same process on the client ? or the other way around? or are all the files totally seperate and dont' overwrite each other? The reason i ask is in the changelog it seems like the AC3 audio...
Is there any specific order that i should be updating the SVN releases? for example should i install MP SVN first then the TV...
Is there any specific order that i should be updating the SVN releases? for example should i install MP SVN first then the TV...
Replies
Views
Sorry, The card is in the server Today this morning. I updated all the software. AND IT WORKS!!!!!!! Yes!!
Sorry, The card is in the server Today this morning. I updated all the software. AND IT WORKS!!!!!!! Yes!!
I have been tryning to get this to work on my system. No luck at all. Not even playing the stream with VLC. What to do? I'm...
Replies
Views
One thing though...through using my composite-to-svideo converter that came with my 350 it appears as though I only get black and white. Does anyone else have experience with this?
One thing though...through using my composite-to-svideo converter that came with my 350 it appears as though I only get black and...
My cable channels are coming in nicely on Media Portal, but how do I set up Media Portal to capture from the S-Video/Composite...
Replies
Views
All is in the title.:) It works fine after some issues. So I explane my instalation, maybe it will help some people. One computer TVServer, one for client. 1. Install SQL, SVN, TV Server with the installation guide 2. Disable all the firewall Server and client 3. Open the port 1 to 9999 from server and Client (I've got WiFi...
All is in the title.:) It works fine after some issues. So I explane my instalation, maybe it will help some people. One...
All is in the title.:) It works fine after some issues. So I explane my instalation, maybe it will help some people. One...
Replies
Views
okay: if i am not totally wrong the MP server do not support ordinary iptv, just it's own tv over ip(rtsp) from an existing HW tv card.
okay: if i am not totally wrong the MP server do not support ordinary iptv, just it's own tv over ip(rtsp) from an existing HW tv card.
Is there way to setup Mediaportal to use an IP source instead of using a Capture TV Cards? TV here is used over the IP network...
Replies
Views
Hi! Im not sure if this should be here or hardware support but i think talk seems more correct. For my new htpc im thinking of thermaltake mozart vc7001sns. Except for the rather gigantic measurements this case seem to give me everything i want and some more. But before i spend $250 on a case i would like to know the only thing...
Hi! Im not sure if this should be here or hardware support but i think talk seems more correct. For my new htpc im thinking...
Hi! Im not sure if this should be here or hardware support but i think talk seems more correct. For my new htpc im thinking...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Idea DE
11) recreate zip - is on Sempron 2500+(on 7y format, high compression) 1minute. 5) Yes, and install program automatic copy this files back before start program... :-D tested 13) and if is video run on background? 0K!AS
11) recreate zip - is on Sempron 2500+(on 7y format, high compression) 1minute. 5) Yes, and install program automatic copy this...
Hi :-) 1) support internet TV(www.ocko.tv,www.ct24.cz) 2) playing avi is... no comment, what connect this project with Media...
Replies
Views
How to convert to mpeg using VideoEditor Of course! I overlooked that you can change the option with the down arrow in the first screen. Now it works a treat, perfect. Great, thanks! :)
How to convert to mpeg using VideoEditor Of course! I overlooked that you can change the option with the down arrow in the...
Hi I'm sort of a newbie with MP and think it's fantastic. I have only one problem, when I try to compress a recorded show (usually...
Replies
Views
Please search a little bit first, as this question was already asked and answered. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=12031
Please search a little bit first, as this question was already asked and answered...
Hi what are the benfits beside the new Tv Server/Client solution? cu mitze
Replies
Views
coooooool, i did not know that!
coooooool, i did not know that!
We have TV Server, but what about radio server? Most of the TV cards have also a radio tuner build-in. So the question is: is it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No tuner DE
update ok, i just installed a different decoder. Im now using the Nvidia decoder and now I have an image.:)
update ok, i just installed a different decoder. Im now using the Nvidia decoder and now I have an image.:)
Hi all, MP noob here. Hopefully some of you can clear up some probs that ive been having. First, here's my specs. Wix XP pro...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV-card problems. DE
I tried your tips to reg the file but when I do that it just says that it can´t find the right module, you know why it does that?
I tried your tips to reg the file but when I do that it just says that it can´t find the right module, you know why it does that?
Hello I just started using Mediaportal and i t works fine except for one problem. I have an old Hauppage 878 TV-card and I can´t...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to watch DVD's stored on a W2003 server? Would also be nice to show the DVD covers stored together with the DVD images. Or is this already possible with MP and I missed it? Thanks, Roland
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to watch DVD's stored on a W2003 server? Would also be nice to show the DVD covers stored...
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to watch DVD's stored on a W2003 server? Would also be nice to show the DVD covers stored...
Replies
Views
Running latest version (0.2.1.0) and Windows XP (SP2). When I listen to music my screen-saver kicks-in after 10 minutes and interrupts music playback. Is there any way to disable the screen-saver inside MP? Or do I have to disable it at Windows level? Cheers.
Running latest version (0.2.1.0) and Windows XP (SP2). When I listen to music my screen-saver kicks-in after 10 minutes and...
Running latest version (0.2.1.0) and Windows XP (SP2). When I listen to music my screen-saver kicks-in after 10 minutes and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Client specs? DE
That would be awesome ^^ Well, in any way... I'm very happy about the direction where MP is heading :)
That would be awesome ^^ Well, in any way... I'm very happy about the direction where MP is heading :)
Hi and thanks for the great job you guys are doing on the new TV Engine. I love it already! ;) Anyways, with having the server...
Replies
Views
I think there was a plugin developed for this purpose... ..try this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=1590
I think there was a plugin developed for this purpose... ..try this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=1590
Is there anyway to configure MP so that it automatically displays the TV screen at startup without having to select TV manually...
Replies
Views
Taipan, It seems like you sure have your act together. :) I have similar interests as you. Would you mind posting snippets/examples of your batch file regarding the importation process and command line switches of the <tvguide.xml> using <TVGuideScheduler.exe>, as well as examples of starting and stopping Media Portal? You've...
Taipan, It seems like you sure have your act together. :) I have similar interests as you. Would you mind posting...
As the subject says, I have XMLTV working and batched up to a task scheduler. My question is how can I get Media Portal to...
Replies
Views
Promising Looks promising. I'll give it a go later, thanks.
Promising Looks promising. I'll give it a go later, thanks.
I thought I was missing something obvious, but a search thru the archives tells me that as of a couple of months ago radio (DVBT...
Replies
Views
isn't this a known issue that's already in Mantis? I think there are a couple of threads about it already.
isn't this a known issue that's already in Mantis? I think there are a couple of threads about it already.
Hallo. Just want to know if there are someone who have got a hybride card to working with the new Tv engine? Do everyone have...
Replies
Views
I was also considering using a 1000mhz via micro itx system for client. However i would say there could be some issues from time to time with such a weak cpu. i thought the server would be capable of decoding compressed video and send to the client as regular mpeg2. This not being the case the client must still, in any regular...
I was also considering using a 1000mhz via micro itx system for client. However i would say there could be some issues from time...
minimum hardware spec ?? has there been any discussion about what the minimum hardware spec might be for the tv server part. am...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVB Subtitles DE
Teletext on CRT TV's has normally two modes (with background/transparent), MediaPortal currently only support the mode with background. This means (at least for me) when viewing Canal+ and selecting Text-TV/Teletext from the context menu you get page 100 with background, if you then go to page 199 you get the subtitles in Swedish but...
Teletext on CRT TV's has normally two modes (with background/transparent), MediaPortal currently only support the mode with...
Hi What's the status on DVB subtitles in MediaProtal? Does MediaPortal support this yet? /Magnus
Replies
Views
here is a useful technical comparison if you use DVB-S (not focused on quality control): http://www.compression.ru/video/codec_comparison/mpeg-2_2006_en.html i sorta like the elecard MPEG2 video codec simply because it deals nicely with pretty damaged streams. the picture is clear, the CPU usage is up to par with its competitors but...
here is a useful technical comparison if you use DVB-S (not focused on quality control)...
I am new to media portal. I am using the installed Dscaler MPEG2 decoder. It looks good. I was wondering which codec provides...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom