Tools and other software (21 Viewers)

Discuss tools and other software in here
There wouldn't be IF that's all I wanted to do. But I want to be able to clone and port a complete MP install. Actually it was easy and works like a charm. I now have a multi-boot set-up with three bootable partitions, and I can port MP installs from one to the other without a hitch. If one MP install fails (and unfortunately it...
There wouldn't be IF that's all I wanted to do. But I want to be able to clone and port a complete MP install. Actually it was...
Now that you have done all the work to get the HTPC working and setup the way you want, two suggestions: 1) Use the MP plugin...
Replies
Views
There are a few solutions from this thread on the OCZ Forums. They are talking about win7, but they will work fine in Vista as well. Windows 7 x64 Working Ramdisk ? - OCZ Forum
There are a few solutions from this thread on the OCZ Forums. They are talking about win7, but they will work fine in Vista as...
For the life of me, I can't find any (free) Ramdisk that'll work in vista 64bit. With all service packs installed, I am unable to...
Replies
Views
I almost had my HTPC the other day to a state where I had everything covered. The last issue I was having I could not resolve (ANYDVD locking up the system) and attempts at fixing it only broke Windows MCE 2005 more. I ended up reinstalling Windows only this time Windows XP Professional. A couple of things I just cannot get...
I almost had my HTPC the other day to a state where I had everything covered. The last issue I was having I could not resolve...
I almost had my HTPC the other day to a state where I had everything covered. The last issue I was having I could not resolve...
Replies
Views
Hi etheesdad, I have a stable undervolt but it took multiple non-default settings to get there; - Disabling spread spectrum - Changing the "transition state" to "single" instead of "multi step" I run it now with 3 p-states because that was already a pain in the ass to figure out getting stable. I noticed that half multipliers are...
Hi etheesdad, I have a stable undervolt but it took multiple non-default settings to get there; - Disabling spread spectrum -...
Hi guys, my first post ever here and not a noob but no pro either with RightMarks RMClock. For all my system specs please see...
Replies
Views
XBMC ?
XBMC ?
Do any exist? Main reason I use mediaportal is the great plugins like TV Series and Moving Pictures. I don't like messy browsing...
Replies
Views
Eh.... Zoom? (CTRL +) There are several browser plugins (or "plugin-like"). I know one of them allows to set default zoom level.
Eh.... Zoom? (CTRL +) There are several browser plugins (or "plugin-like"). I know one of them allows to set default zoom level.
Hi Everybody, I'm looking for a solution to be able to few websites easely from the couch. now i need a telescope to read the...
Replies
Views
Sure i can. RIght i dont do it from within MP but using Meedios. Meedios i another Media Center which has the particularity of having an amazing library management. You can use a lot of plugins like File Importer, Movie Importer, file renamer... You can chain them and trigger them on time or event. That you can now completely automate...
Sure i can. RIght i dont do it from within MP but using Meedios. Meedios i another Media Center which has the particularity of...
Hi, I just wanted to let you all know that nathan released a new version of Extractnow, and it s a great news! One really great...
Replies
Views
Internet explorer purpose of existence is that you can browse to the firefox website and download it :P Nah im joking it's actually quite good, but I stick to ff anyway. Can't see many differences between IE7 and IE8, but thats probably also due to the fact that I don't use these browser very often. IE8 comes with thsi compatibility...
Internet explorer purpose of existence is that you can browse to the firefox website and download it :P Nah im joking it's actually...
Windows Update is bugging me to install MS Internet Explorer (MSIE) 8. For the last couple of years, I have been using MSIE 7...
Replies
Views
i have a problem with Imon and PDVD9. when i play a blu ray in PDVD9 ultra and Imon manager is running then i have a horrible stutter and no sound. then i found out that when i close imon manager that the problem is gone. then i can play blu ray without any problem. but then i have no remote. i didn't try this with a dvd or...
i have a problem with Imon and PDVD9. when i play a blu ray in PDVD9 ultra and Imon manager is running then i have a horrible...
i have a problem with Imon and PDVD9. when i play a blu ray in PDVD9 ultra and Imon manager is running then i have a horrible...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to remap the default keys in PowerDVD? For example, I don't want spacebar to be the pause button I want Tab. I am running PowerDVD Version 6 (Old I know) and I can't seem to find the option anywhere, so I thought maybe the newer versions allowed you to do so or maybe i'm just...
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to remap the default keys in PowerDVD? For example, I don't want...
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to remap the default keys in PowerDVD? For example, I don't want...
Replies
Views
I thought PDVD was good in the beginning, but 7 didn`t support dual monitors. I upgraded to 9, only to find out that while dual monitors is supported on XP, it isn`t in Vista, and to top it off, in 9 they removed HD-DVD support. So, now I`m looking for a alternative.
I thought PDVD was good in the beginning, but 7 didn`t support dual monitors. I upgraded to 9, only to find out that while dual...
I'm getting more and more annoyed with Cyberlinks PowerDVD, and am looking for a alternative. There appears to be only two other...
Replies
Views
Hello I hope that this time limited chance to own Paragons Partition manager (English version only) might be of use for some of you..? I have used it many times with great success but please be aware that this could cause major problems with access to your hard drive if the partitioning goes wrong..! Giveaway of the Day - free...
Hello I hope that this time limited chance to own Paragons Partition manager (English version only) might be of use for some of...
Hello I hope that this time limited chance to own Paragons Partition manager (English version only) might be of use for some of...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the fast response. Should have found out that for myself...shame on me..:ooops: regards flintstone
Hi, thanks for the fast response. Should have found out that for myself...shame on me..:ooops: regards flintstone
Hi there, I like to hang onto to my TV server recordings but the .ts files are pretty huge and I'm running out of hard-drive...
Replies
Views
hi guys, I did have a working version of pdvd8, its h264 codec was working fine with MP1.0. today I bought a new Bluray (bond, quantum of solace), this said it wouldn't play without a pdvd update. so I let pdvd update. The bluray now plays fine. but my h.264 code has vanished in mediaportal :growl: . I tried to manually regsvr32 /i...
hi guys, I did have a working version of pdvd8, its h264 codec was working fine with MP1.0. today I bought a new Bluray (bond...
Hi, there's an update for PWDVD! Hopefully it solves my Problems with some BlueRays (Hulk, Horton hears...)...
Replies
Views
thanks Bagal After trying the apps above I didnt have much success, unfortunately. These are really stubborn machines! I had a look at poweroff and have set it to make sleepy after closing Firefox which will do the job until I can figure out how to make sleepy automatically. Much appreciated. Thankyou also Ray
thanks Bagal After trying the apps above I didnt have much success, unfortunately. These are really stubborn machines! I had a...
cant get s3 to work with windows settings in either of my desktops (*not* htpc's). Have done all the sensible things and just cant...
Replies
Views
I use Acronis software. Never had problem with it. Even Raid0 drives were possible to mirror from a bootable CD. ps: Shaun is coool lol
I use Acronis software. Never had problem with it. Even Raid0 drives were possible to mirror from a bootable CD. ps: Shaun is...
Hello, I have just one HDD in my single seat HTPC, with the OS and MP on the C partition, and all the media files, recordings...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom