Tools and other software (17 Viewers)

Discuss tools and other software in here
If you use AnyDVD HD to on-the-fly decrypt the Blueray and then use the MediaPortal Blueray Player plugin (which will allow you to play the videos on the blueray but not see the menus), then you can use the normal MediaPortal codecs to watch the bluerays natively with MediaPortal. This will allow you to use FFDshow.
If you use AnyDVD HD to on-the-fly decrypt the Blueray and then use the MediaPortal Blueray Player plugin (which will allow you to...
Hello! I bought a blu-ray drive for my HTPC and want to watch the blu-rays on my TV. Because of the input lag of my TV I need to...
Replies
Views
Hello, just passing before go to Spain for 1 week ... You can use the button select.. to filter the titles in the top left and in multiple editions.
Hello, just passing before go to Spain for 1 week ... You can use the button select.. to filter the titles in the top left and in...
Hello, I changed my XBNE software used to edit the video DataBase of XBMC. Now he can work with the video DataBase of...
Replies
Views
I actually set MultiShortcut to minimize gameex, so it wasn't still sending instructions to mp. Did you have problems with volume differences?
I actually set MultiShortcut to minimize gameex, so it wasn't still sending instructions to mp. Did you have problems with volume...
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to launch HyperSpin from MediaPortal. I have succeeded in launching...
Replies
Views
Found this out when I updated my Mediacoder. The new version installs a new version of MKVmerge and it has a new trick my Mediainfo called it header stripping and mediaportal will not play MKVs with this. If this happens two ways to fix this if you dont a version of MKVmerge before 4.0 I think I have 3.3.0 download one and run the...
Found this out when I updated my Mediacoder. The new version installs a new version of MKVmerge and it has a new trick my Mediainfo...
Found this out when I updated my Mediacoder. The new version installs a new version of MKVmerge and it has a new trick my Mediainfo...
Replies
Views
You can do 'upmixing' etc with FFDshow audio (see the 'Mixer' section), and use it's automatic preset switching (based on numbers of audio channels, for example) to enable/disable it. This thread - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/upmixing-stereo-surround-playing-wmvhd-surround-77679/ - might give you a...
You can do 'upmixing' etc with FFDshow audio (see the 'Mixer' section), and use it's automatic preset switching (based on numbers...
I wonder of someone can help me. I’ve got a Dell Studio XPS 8100 which is hooked up to a set of Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers...
Replies
Views
No, Flash or other plugins will not work.. But it's great to browse the web and read some forums :)
No, Flash or other plugins will not work.. But it's great to browse the web and read some forums :)
I tested OM 11 today, but I can't get it to work properly for my remote... Firstly, Eventghost does not recognize if it's running...
Replies
Views
Hallo, Iemand gelukt om TvGemist te draaien op de maya skin. Graag een linkje zodat ik het kan installeren.... Alvast bedankt
Hallo, Iemand gelukt om TvGemist te draaien op de maya skin. Graag een linkje zodat ik het kan installeren.... Alvast bedankt
Replies
Views
I have my HTPC using the my emulators plugin with xpadder and have access to mame, snes, megadrive, nes games. This gives you potentially 1000s of games to choose from!
I have my HTPC using the my emulators plugin with xpadder and have access to mame, snes, megadrive, nes games. This gives you...
I'm currently trying to migrate some of my games over to my HTPC but I've found a lot of them lack gamepad support and I dont want...
Replies
Views
mmmm, I just saw you posted same question to the relevant thread. As cross posting is against out forum rules, I will rather close this thread.
mmmm, I just saw you posted same question to the relevant thread. As cross posting is against out forum rules, I will rather close...
I have a problem I was hoping someone could help me with. How does the Dynamic Refresh Rate feature in MP identify the frame rate...
Replies
Views
#SilentException It's a big one; RemoteFX. You can read more about it here. I have not tested the beta, but I have read good things. Google it :) By the way. Merry Christmas to you, tourettes and everyone else on the MP team. And thanks for another great year :thx:
#SilentException It's a big one; RemoteFX. You can read more about it here. I have not tested the beta, but I have read good...
I often find myself remotely working on MePo. Upon now I always used RealVNC since that with RDP I cannot see MePo or other DirectX...
Replies
Views
Just to put my hat in the ring. I put all the TV-box sets I buy I use DVD Decrypter to rip the discs to hdd. I then use handbrake to convert them h264/ac3 passthru. A 42 minute episode takes between 900mb and 1200mb with no loss of quality - a 8gb disc of CSI ends up as 4gb. I normally run them through with 424 width and...
Just to put my hat in the ring. I put all the TV-box sets I buy I use DVD Decrypter to rip the discs to hdd. I then use...
Any recommendations about what applications or codecs give the best results? I'm thinking I'm going to use handbrake.fr and either...
Replies
Views
But it works, even if i'm not watching TV on my PC?
But it works, even if i'm not watching TV on my PC?
So, i have my movies stored on the disk, which is hooked up to my HTPC. What software should i use to view those movies on another...
Replies
Views
I had installed and reinstalled a few times, but your question had me wondering about the drivers installed. I had an old infrared remote that i had been trying to set up. The drivers for that were still installed. I uninstalled those drivers and rebooted and the remote started working. Thank you for your help. :thx:
I had installed and reinstalled a few times, but your question had me wondering about the drivers installed. I had an old infrared...
I have been trying to use my remote and it is not being detected. I have reinstalled and reinstalled. I totally uninstalled and...
Replies
Views
Sounds to me as if you're using a poor RSS-feed. I've got a RSS-feed that's only showing tv-shows, and then I've added filters that downloads the shows I want and excludes complete seasons.
Sounds to me as if you're using a poor RSS-feed. I've got a RSS-feed that's only showing tv-shows, and then I've added filters that...
I'm looking for a good tvseries Rss downloader. I am running utorrent on my HTPC, but it tends to download a lot of junk (maybe...
Replies
Views
edsche could you try this and report
edsche could you try this and report
An Alpha version of a tool to combine mulitple log files into one for problem identification. Instructions: Use the add...
Replies
Views
ok, you're right .. it's true .. I knew, but I was referring to more content from here in Spain .. series, movie channels .. Spain .. thanks!
ok, you're right .. it's true .. I knew, but I was referring to more content from here in Spain .. series, movie channels .. Spain...
Hello friends, I would like to know if there is any plugin or any way to make TV on demand, as in the xmbc .. I tried to enter the...
Replies
Views
Filelister 3.0 gives a good result that can be filtered, and viewed as html or txt.
Filelister 3.0 gives a good result that can be filtered, and viewed as html or txt.
I'm currently in the process of backing up the content of my file server to my old harddrives so that I have an extra copy of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just reinstalled MP and the whole operating system for that fact (now have windows 7). I had this working before but I can't get it set up right now for the life of me! Basically all I want to do is exit MPC with the escape key. I have my back button mapped to escape and I set the key map in MPC for exit to escape...
Hi, I have just reinstalled MP and the whole operating system for that fact (now have windows 7). I had this working before but...
Hi, I have just reinstalled MP and the whole operating system for that fact (now have windows 7). I had this working before but...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Re: Fun, stupid, useful, "stuff" you install on your htpc? ah and under power options u can set to not need a password on standby/resume woot
Re: AW: Re: Fun, stupid, useful, "stuff" you install on your htpc? ah and under power options u can set to not need a password...
While we're waiting for the RC1 of MP 1.1 to be released, I thought we could consume our time by singing songs. I'll start...
Replies
Views
Simply for the above reason^^^ IMGBurn is the way to go! See my sig for bluray ripping/burning
Simply for the above reason^^^ IMGBurn is the way to go! See my sig for bluray ripping/burning
Looking for a replacement for NERO, as they have finally ran me off, they have got just to damn expensive and tired of the new...
Replies
Views
Yes, you can move the system drive. Or, you can migrate- Manually migrating to a new Home Server ? MediaSmartServer.net . For moving the drive- try this resource - Windows Home Server FAQ - Page 34 - [H]ard|Forum As stated on the second link, sometimes moving works, sometimes not. The best way to do it is to do a complete backup...
Yes, you can move the system drive. Or, you can migrate- Manually migrating to a new Home Server ? MediaSmartServer.net . For...
Well I have currently fillled up my hdd's for whs and want to replace with bigger drives and am not sure to go about. I know I...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Yes of course. I had unchecked the shutdown setting. New it works:-)
Thanks. Yes of course. I had unchecked the shutdown setting. New it works:-)
Hi To save power on my pc I don’t want it to run 24/7 but would like to “program” it to be on in the time after work and to bed...
Replies
Views
Thanks! Yeah, I had read about, but did not follow through with it. I might have to now.
Thanks! Yeah, I had read about, but did not follow through with it. I might have to now.
My HTPC does other things (fileserver, etc). However, I never want to exit Mediaportal and therefore need a way to remotely manage...
Replies
Views
It's new it's called : Logitech Touch Mouse Server Logitech Touch Mouse Server Available for Windows and Mac OS X.
It's new it's called : Logitech Touch Mouse Server Logitech Touch Mouse Server Available for Windows and Mac OS X.
Replies
Views
Can someone give me step by step instructions to setup the TVServer with MSSql in Vista Home Premium 64. PS log attached It looks like a localhost client server issue on a single seat system. I am logged on as administrator I have uploaded all the logs and open to any and all suggestions, seriously though computers are...
Can someone give me step by step instructions to setup the TVServer with MSSql in Vista Home Premium 64. PS log attached It looks...
Can someone give me step by step instructions to setup the TVServer with MSSql in Vista Home Premium 64. PS log attached It looks...
Replies
Views
Downgrade to NVIDIA display driver 190.62 solved the issue.
Downgrade to NVIDIA display driver 190.62 solved the issue.
Hi, I'am using PowerDVD 7.3 for over 1 year now to play Blu-ray Discs. As long as I used MP 0.2.3 there where no problems to...
Replies
Views
There is a MP plugin that adjusts the volume differential between different tv channels, but I don't think this influences the movie volume. If you add either ffdshow audio codec or ac3filter audio codec to video or tv post processing, you can add gain control to increase the gain which will effectively increase the volume. Both...
There is a MP plugin that adjusts the volume differential between different tv channels, but I don't think this influences the...
Is there a program or a plug-in that auto adjust the volume to a general level? When my kids are playing a movie it's at a low...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've just installed PDVD9 Ultra (after getting a new HD TV). Blu Rays seem to work fine, although I have no idea if it is using DXVA (CPU usage ~25%). I have set DXVA to 'enabled' in the PDVD configuration but Paranoid Delusion quoted ~7% so I am not sure if my setup is using hardware acceleration. Is there any other way...
Hi All, I've just installed PDVD9 Ultra (after getting a new HD TV). Blu Rays seem to work fine, although I have no idea if it...
I just saw that Cyberlink released PowerDVD 9. There is also a Free Trial available. Has someone tried it already? DVD Player...
Replies
Views
I use h.264 1200 kbps for SDTV (720x575 px, 25 fps), 2-pass VBR. But you can go down to 1000, still works very nice. For 720p I would use h.264 3000-4000 kbps VBR (1-pass average or 2-pass) at 25 fps (depends on the source, 24p, PAL/NTSC). 720p has about 2x more pixels than SDTV, so it should work at 2400 kbps above.
I use h.264 1200 kbps for SDTV (720x575 px, 25 fps), 2-pass VBR. But you can go down to 1000, still works very nice. For 720p I...
I regularly want to save TV recodings for the kids. For this I like to cut the pre- and post-recording and for some channels do...
Replies
Views
Hi. Im using MP 1.0.2 and DT 4.35.05.68, its the latest version but orrurs on earlier too. I set the parameters K and 0 in MP config - Deamon tools. I also added .img in files ext. When I click for loading a movie I get this error on the Errlor.log; 2009-12-07 19:29:28.156250 [ERROR][MPMain]: VirtualDirectory: Could not fetch...
Hi. Im using MP 1.0.2 and DT 4.35.05.68, its the latest version but orrurs on earlier too. I set the parameters K and 0 in MP...
Hi. Im using MP 1.0.2 and DT 4.35.05.68, its the latest version but orrurs on earlier too. I set the parameters K and 0 in MP...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom