ABC News 24 Sydney Jerky (1 Viewer)

beatnut88

Portal Pro
January 15, 2012
Home Country
Video on ABC News24 in Sydney is jerky. All other Channels (inc SBS HD) are OK.
Anyone can help?
Neil

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Neil :)

Thanks for the log files. Unfortunately the last time I see you viewing ABC News24 is last Monday (16 November), and most of the log files don't go back that far. Therefore I'm not able to see what the problem is.

Could you please:
    1. Use the Watchdog with option 2 (instead of option 3) to start MediaPortal.
    2. View SBS HD for 30 seconds.
    3. View ABC News24 for 30 seconds (or until you see the jerkiness).
    4. Close MediaPortal.
    5. Attach the resulting zip file.
    Regards,
    mm

P.S. I noticed one strange thing in your configuration - you're using VMR9 instead of EVR for video renderer. That's going to be giving you lower quality video. Unless you're intentionally using VMR9 for some reason I strongly recommend you switch to EVR. You can do that in MediaPortal Configuration as shown here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/3_Video_Renderer

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.30.0 BBC One HD disappeared! DE
    OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error message "preview failed: no PMT found " I think I may have found the reason - I read on another forum that the Bluebell hill mast will not be upgraded until the 27th June!
    OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error...
    Hi, The BBC have recently made changes to their DVB-T2 broadcasts and now I can no longer find BBC one HD , I have scanned three...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG Collector gets its epg from and found it gets it from 'freesathome' so cribbed the settings from that and added the freesathome channel to the radio channels and selected that channel only to collect epg...
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG...
    Hi folks Ive just started using epg collector to import uk freesat epg into mediaportal i have had good success with it so far and...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom