Amazon Prime Germany? (3 Viewers)

JSurf

Portal Pro
November 27, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
So watchlist support is almost working, but the episodes view looks shit :-(
Have to clean up some stuff, and it seems i damaged the normal browsing currently need to fix that before i can provide a test version

Seems to be a general skinning Problem of the episodes list, should happen in normal browsing also. Had a look at the skin files but didn't understand anything.
So i don't know how to change the them to not break the title in 2 lines. Anyone here with experience in skin files ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-01-13 16.51.45.png
    Screenshot 2015-01-13 16.51.45.png
    331.5 KB

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So watchlist support is almost working, but the episodes view looks shit :-(
    Have to clean up some stuff, and it seems i damaged the normal browsing currently need to fix that before i can provide a test version

Seems to be a general skinning Problem of the episodes list, should happen in normal browsing also. Had a look at the skin files but didn't understand anything.
    So i don't know how to change the them to not break the title in 2 lines. Anyone here with experience in skin files ?
    I don't think it's a skin problem, I think the parsed strings contains new lines, remove them, trim the text and remove multiple whitespace characters.[DOUBLEPOST=1421167198][/DOUBLEPOST]I think there is a method in VideoInfo class called something like CleanTitle... I don't no if it cleans everything, but try it out and maybe check the source code.

Last edited:

JSurf

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think it's a skin problem, I think the parsed strings contains new lines, remove them, trim the text and remove multiple whitespace characters.

You were right, kind of strange, because i can't see the line break in the html source code. CleanTitle didn't help because it does not remove line breaks for titles (but maybe it should do so ??). so i had to remove them manually.

JSurf

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can somebody confirm that the german version stopped working ? I just found out that the language switch has no effect when the actual webbrowser is started. the browserhost exe is a totally different process and has no information of the language.
    I'm a little confused if/why this ever worked before but now it seems it stopped working.
    Any Ideas ? @Jason Pyke maybe ?
    @netexplorer is starting videos still working for you ?

Might need an own connector class (subclass of AmazonPrimeConnector) for the german version or transfer the language as part of the video id (something like "de:thevideoid" and "uk:thevideoid" @Jason Pyke any preferences here ?

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I don't know how it worked before - I noticed that you'd not changed the playback code, but didn't mention it as you'd said it was working.

It's possible that Amazon used to share videos across regions, but maybe they've blocked that now. Or maybe only some videos are across region.

Transferring the language id sounds like a good option as long as there aren't too many code changes (I guess it'd just be a new resource entry for the video playback url).

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My test results from yesterday:
    Videos are still working.
    The controlling with the remote works sporadically.
    Then i try to use my keyboard to control the player, but none of the keys are working.
    Someone with other remote configuration should test these functions, to see how this behave.

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Did you enable the keyboard mappings in MePo for those keys?

Was this tested with the latest dll version I sent you?

There's quite a few people using this version for Netflix and I'm personally using it as well (for Sky Go). Unfortunately I can't test it with Amazon Prime as I don't have a subscription. @JSurf, are you able to test if keyboard commands are working to control the player?

JSurf

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had an idea why it stopped working, @netexplorer might still have the german sattelite dll from a previous install, maybe windows is automatically switching to that sattelite dll based on the os language ?
    I now solved it with a derived AmazonPrimeDeConnector.
    I had another issue on my real system, the language switching didn't work, it was always using the UK urls, until i installed .NET 4.5 (Had only 4.0 before). Don't know if this is a problem of my test environment where i built the dll or anything else.

Here are my latest changes:
    https://github.com/JSurf/mediaportal-onlinevideos/tree/instant_watchlist
    Don't know how stable these changes really are. There are some major changes because of the login needed for watchlist support.
    - Working watchlist support, html is now fetched via a hidden WebBrowser control, because login only seems to work with javascript enabled
    - Added some special categories (Popular, Last Added,...) but its not finished/working
    - Changed the way the video playback is started (Already watched films/shows are resumed at the last position if they were not fully watched)

@Jason Pyke its up to you to decide if you want to merge any of these changes yet or wait.

I can test the keyboard commands. Which keys are supposed to work ? I know that the "ESC" key is working :)

Can't really test my remote control, because starting videos is still unstable on my real system (but very stable an my test system) because of some timing issues i don't fully understand right now.

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I'll wait before merging - once you're a bit happier with it all.

In theory play/pause and forward/back should be working (space/left/right). I've changed it to send those keys to the player anyway - you might want to take my latest before trying it out.

Users who are viewing this thread