Amp is displayed as & in EPG (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "If positioned on an element, ReadString concatenates all text, significant white space, white space, and CDATA section nodes together and returns the concatenated data as the element content. It stops when any markup is encountered, including comments and processing instructions. This could occur in a mixed content model, or when an element end tag is read."

I guess it's not really safe to use ReadString. I'd prefer ReadInnerXML + Parsing but for now it will be better to miss some parts than have the Text cluttered up...

Thank you for pointing out the error to us!

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "If positioned on an element, ReadString concatenates all text, significant white space, white space, and CDATA section nodes together and returns the concatenated data as the element content. It stops when any markup is encountered, including comments and processing instructions. This could occur in a mixed content model, or when an element end tag is read."

I guess it's not really safe to use ReadString. I'd prefer ReadInnerXML + Parsing but for now it will be better to miss some parts than have the Text cluttered up...

Thank you for pointing out the error to us!

I already read the docs about ReadString and ReadInnerXML, however the way the tvguide.xml file is formated I see no problem. On the level ReadString is used you only have elements containing simply text and nothing else. No nested elements or anything else. So anything till the endtag is read and returned as string. I tested the fix against really large tvguide.xml files and I compared the results. Nothing missed so far.

grubi.

bobbyd87

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ever since this fix has been implemented my XML's wont import anymore... with SVN 9/3/2007 and 9/4/2007 of TVServer im getting this error in the log

Code:
    9/3/2007 8:24:30 PM 5 XML tv import error loading C:\Yapi2XML\tvguide.xml err:StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: startIndex

I revered back to 8/31 (before the fix was made) and all is well (except for the & of course)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ever since this fix has been implemented my XML's wont import anymore... with SVN 9/3/2007 and 9/4/2007 of TVServer im getting this error in the log

Code:
    9/3/2007 8:24:30 PM 5 XML tv import error loading C:\Yapi2XML\tvguide.xml err:StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: startIndex

I revered back to 8/31 (before the fix was made) and all is well (except for the & of course)

Did you check this with the exact same tvguide.xml?
    If so can you post a "tvguide.xml" where this fails (the smaller the better)?
    What is the program the tvguide.xml was created?

PS: Please zip it before posting.

Regards,
    grubi.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yup... same exact tvguide.xml, I'll test my smaller one first and then if it fails the same way i'll upload it tonight.
    And I used Yapi2XML to generate the XML http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/YApi2XML
    Thanks for the reply

It would also be very interreting at what entry the import fails. If you are using MSSQL this can be found out by starting Management Studio and opening the program table of the tvserver database. The last entry in the
    table is the last entry which was sucessfully added.

Regards,
    grubi.

jonywee

Portal Member
    September 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Almost same error here. Using SVN snapshot 15757 (sept 06 2007):
    tvguide.xml:Invalid XML File: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex

I narrowed the error to a single programme node in the xml file. It happens when I remove all star-rating nodes from the document, all 5K programs get imported successfully.

Hope this helps:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">
    <tv date="20070907" generator-info-name="XMLTV" generator-info-url="http://www.tvgids.nl/">
    	<channel id="1.tvgids.nl">
    		<display-name>Nederland 1</display-name>
    		<icon src="http://www.rtl.nl/service/gids/components/vaste_componenten/1.gif"/>
    	</channel>
    	<programme start="20070907220000" stop="20070907230000" channel="1.tvgids.nl">
    		<title lang="nl">Pavarotti, eenzame hoogte</title>
    		<desc lang="nl">In verband met het overlijden van Luciano Pavarotti, zendt de TROS als eerbetoon een documentaire over deze grootheid uit. Pavarotti is meer dan 's werelds bekendste operazanger. Hij is een internationaal fenomeen, een merknaam voor opera, bekend op ieder continent.

Met zijn plan om eind 2005 te stoppen met optreden, gaf Pavarotti in 2003 een televisie-crew uitgebreid de mogelijkheid een kijkje te nemen in zijn privéleven, zijn vele reizen en optredens. De documentaire volgt hem gedurende 2003 tijdens zijn optredens voor
    enthousiast publiek in Italië, Duitsland, Mexico, Engeland, Rusland en de Verenigde Staten. Hij wordt achter de schermen gevolgd tijdens zijn afscheidsvoorstelling van Tosca in The Met in New York en tijdens zijn reünie met de Drie Tenoren in Bath. Samen met
    José Carreras en Plácido Domingo vormde Pavarotti de meest succesvolste groep van klassieke zangers ooit. 

Verschillende bewonderaars van Pavarotti komen aan het woord, onder wie Bono, Michael Caine, Dustin Hofman en Lionel Richie. Er is exclusief beeldmateriaal van de doop van zijn baby en beelden van de enige ploeg die aanwezig mocht zijn tijdens zijn huwelijk. 

De film is een ongeëvenaard portret van een groot tenor die wereldwijd de ambassadeur was voor opera.

In verband met deze extra ingelaste documentaire vervalt de geplande uitzending van Flikken.</desc>
    		<category lang="nl">Informatief</category>
    		<url>http://www.tvgids.nl/programmadetail/?ID=6498988</url>
    		<star-rating>
    			<value>12+, Geweld, Angst</value>
    		</star-rating>
    	</programme>
    </tv>

Users who are viewing this thread