Amp is displayed as & in EPG (2 Viewers)

jonywee

Portal Member
September 7, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thank you all for your effort in fixing this bug. Or maybe I should say: making the import more robust.

I dont know the origin of the malformed star-rating data (btw thank u for pointing out). It might be a flaw in the grabber or just changes to a website. Malformed data did not cross my mind because MP 2.2.0 and GBPVR do not error-out on any of the files from this grabber.

I installed the fix and re-enabled star-rating in my grabber. Tomorrow I will have my malformed data and see if it errors out or not.

lewi0146

Portal Member
May 14, 2007
Home Country
Hey Grubi,

using the latest dll it seems to work, no more errors, lots of "9/10/2007 6:20:42 PM B XMLTVImport: star-rating could not be used - 6/10,()" in the tv.log, but the XMLTV plugin page states import was sucessful and lots of TV programs imported.

so, i guess the star-rating issues has been side-stepped...well, at least for me :)

WAF *= 110

cheers,

Trent

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please notify the author of "your" grabber that he's misusing the star-rating field.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for beeing such persitent but I'm still not happy with the current state. Investigating the whole thread again I noticed that we are dealing with two different issues here. As rtv stated there seems to be a grabber using the star-rating tag in an invalid way. However the snippet of the tvguide.xml lewi0146 presented seems to be well formed and is still regarded invalid by the importer. It seems that start-rating was not considered at all in previous versions as RedInnerXml returned a null string on that node. It seems that the change to ReadAsString has uncovered subsequent errors here.

Anybody ready for a discussion?
    First question: What the star-rating field has to be looked like exactly to be cosidered valid, and what is the exaclty meaning of that field?

grubi.

lewi0146

Portal Member
    May 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Grubi,
    I was trying to figure out what the "misuse" was of the star-rating field the rtv mentioned, this is an example from the dtd on the xmltv site, http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd?view=markup

53 <star-rating>
    54 <value>3/3</value>
    55 </star-rating>

with the definition of

513 <!-- 'Star rating' - many listings guides award a programme a score as
    514 a quick guide to how good it is. The value of this element should be
    515 'N / M', for example one star out of a possible five stars would be
    516 '1 / 5'. Zero stars is also a possible score (and not the same as
    517 'unrated'). You should try to map whatever wacky system your listings
    518 source uses to a number of stars: so for example if they have thumbs
    519 up, thumbs sideways and thumbs down, you could map that to two, one or
    520 zero stars out of two. Whitespace between the numbers and slash is
    521 ignored.
    522 -->
    523 <!ELEMENT star-rating (value, icon*)>

with value defined as

330 <!-- The value of the element that contains it. This is for elements
    331 that can have both a textual 'value' and an icon. At present there is
    332 no 'lang' attribute here because things like 'PG' are not translatable
    333 (although a document explaining what 'PG' actually means would be).
    334 It happens that 'value' is used only for this sort of thing.
    335 -->
    336 <!ELEMENT value (#PCDATA)>

hope that helps

cheers,

Trent

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    lewi0146

Thank's for the link to the DTD. What is still unanswered is:

1.) are fractions allowed (is 5.2/10) valid?
    2.) If fractions are valid what is the decimal separator (always "." or country specific)
    3.) What has it mapped to in the TvDababase. There is no point in simply stripping the first of the two values what is currently done. So it should be mapped to the numer of stars MP is working with or a percentage value.
    The description of the dbfield is not very helpful (at least for me). It reads:

/// <summary>
    /// A rating for a movie (EPG standard is 0/5 stars = 10)
    /// </summary>

Any idea what this means exactly?

grubi.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1 = yes (at least they are common)
    2 = always "."
    3 = MP is using a star container GUI element which "value" property expects a double from 0. to 10.0 where 10 = 100% rating = 5/5 or 3/3 or whatever. However the GUI control currently does not display "half stars" therefore storing an int value in "starRating" is okay.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1 = yes (at least they are common)
    2 = always "."
    3 = MP is using a star container GUI element which "value" property expects a double from 0. to 10.0 where 10 = 100% rating = 5/5 or 3/3 or whatever. However the GUI control currently does not display "half stars" therefore storing an int value in "starRating" is okay.

Thank's for clarification.
    I will implement this and post back the result.

grubi.

jonywee

Portal Member
    September 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could not install grubi's updated assembly (9 sept, 17:31). I have some callstack in the logs and I think I need to update other stuff as well. That's a no-go right now, I just installed tvengine which took me 3 nights (1 svr, 2 clnts). WAF has lowered significantly.
    lewi0146 has confirmed the fix, I think that will do. Next step for me is to inform my grabber about the star-rating.

Users who are viewing this thread