1. We plan to roll out a major software update (XenForo 2.1) to the forum within the next 24h. If you post a thread or answer to an existing thread it may not get ported so please keep that in mind. New member registrations won't be possible until we finally switched.
    Dismiss Notice

aMPed update for MediaPortal 1.2 | Page 6

Discussion in 'aMPed' started by TLD, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyfesaver74
    • Team MediaPortal

Lyfesaver74 Public Relations

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 3
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Ahhh okay... I am parked in #amped

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 2BitSculptor
    • Team MediaPortal

2BitSculptor Super Moderator

Sculptor - Maquettes, Resin Figure Model Kits, Toy
    Ratings:
    +399 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    The Rockstar attempt is very good... :D:D:D

although ..... :mad: ..... The up/down/delete column is still visible (although faint) in playlist list with the hidden menu visible.

I still think a faked NowPlaying would be good until it is added to Rockstar code ... don't know when it will happen, he said it was low on his priority list. There are still more changes planned anyway.

I might add it in mine .... as well as a faked NowPlaying layout for Last.FM (Maya has it). It won't be happening soon....

In Last.FM, I will probably make the Album/Artist thumb a button to highlight, and reveal the alternate layouit. I was not able to get a 1 line playlist to show up in the alt. layout (nav arrows above and below) for the Playing Next info ... Just knockin the idea around.

Chuck

4. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Hope you aren't in a towaway zone. Don't forget to fill the meter :p Sorry I missed you, I think we are in totally opposite time zones!

Fixed.
    Both the links you gave me, here in amped forum and in the issue, were for the same file. So I don't think I ever got the hidden Now Playing version? Maybe post a screenshot also so I can see what you want when playing.

BTW I added Rockstar to revaMPed Radio menu so it is with Last.fm Radiotime and StreamRadio
    :confused: aMPed already has a Now Playing screen for Last.fm. see attached screenshot. And I was really stoked that I finally figured out how to get Last.fm details/covers to display in media overlays (they use undocumented skin properties!)

EDIT: When i play a playlist in Rockstar it seems to disable all Last.fm/audioscrobbler connections. I have to reload MP before Last.fm and audioscrobbler (Tracks in Now Playing aso) will work again. Do you have the same?

Attached Files:

• last.fm.jpg
      last.fm.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Uploaded:
      May 24, 2011
      Views:
    • last.fmwide.jpg
      last.fmwide.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Uploaded:
      May 24, 2011
      Views:
  5. 2BitSculptor
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +399 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Sorry, I thought I referenced it earlier.... here it is again... from the Rockstar discussion. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/747716-post209.html Its a little mix of the Default skin and Maya in 4:3.

edit: I hadn't noticed ... I haven't had to reboot between the two of them.

6. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Thanks Chuck but are you sure that is for Default Skin? I don't get covers, fanart, fonts are wrong size aso.

See attached screenies.

Attached Files:

7. 2BitSculptor
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +399 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Nope... it's not the Default skin.

What do you need all that stuff for? ;)

That is my Maya Faux 3 skin (WIP) ... probably not going to get it done soon ..... I thought you would be able to see the visibility changes in the xml that allow the fake NowPlaying screen. I mentioned a few limitations I had to work around elsewhere in the Rockstar discussion.

I did notice something. When loading the default playlist (in aMPed) it doesn't appear right away... not without some effort. In the Default skin, it shows up right away.

Also... now, since you mentioned it, I have that Last.FM scrobbling issue (never noticed it before). Music will play, only if you enter an artists name, or music style manually...

Chuck

8. 2BitSculptor
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +399 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Here is a hidden NowPlaying layout I've been experimenting with. I disabled the common.musicoverlay.xml and borrowed a couple things from it.

There are still a few issues I need to figure out, if you don't beat me to them (hint,hint)

First pic, shows playlist and "selected" artist, album, song heading labels, and media overlay replaced.
    second shows menu (with direction label below) and "selected" artist,album,song heading labels, and media overlay replaced.
    third, shows fake NowPlaying layout, with "playing" artist,album,song heading labels, and media overlay replaced (no fadelabel line).

Attached Files:

• rockstar.xml
      File size:
      12.2 KB
      Uploaded:
      May 24, 2011
      Views:
    • 00-10-02.png
      00-10-02.png
      File size:
      368.5 KB
      Uploaded:
      May 24, 2011
      Views:
    • 00-10-08.png
      00-10-08.png
      File size:
      355.9 KB
      Uploaded:
      May 24, 2011
      Views:
    • 00-10-18.png
      00-10-18.png
      File size:
      329.9 KB
      Uploaded:
      May 24, 2011
      Views:
  9. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Cool, thx, I will try to remove the backslide in Now playing and make sure it works for widescreen also. Doesn't look like you have updated SVN for the fix for playlist visibility when menu is visible? You want to keep the full fanart overlay or just the top overlay?

10. 2BitSculptor
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +399 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    ya, didn't have a chance to snag the change, I'll wait til you get this in (if you choose to).

I disabled the overlay because it conflicted with my concept... didn't like the redundant now playing info, in the heading and also in the overlay, and I couldn't figure out a visibility arrangement that would work. A small thumb is okay, I guess, I just kept the larger thumb for convenience. It looks big in the "NowPlaying" layout.

Rockstar 2.0.1 is soon to be released. I don't know what changes are in it.

Chuck

11. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    I did 'snag' it, and I am almost finished. I was just finishing the widescreen layout when it stopped accessing Grooveshark! ARGH!

So I put what I did so far in SVN, but it will likely require a bit more tweaking when I can use the plugin again.

Sorry I mean the fanart backdrops overlays/shading. I got what you meant about the media playing overlays. And I like what you did. I tried to do it with the aMPed right arrow which is used in several plugins for 'virtual' views and the aMPed virtual Details view. But Rockstar crashes, likely because of the lack of a facadeview.

BTW, I get the same behaviour in Default skin as in aMPed. The first time I open the plugin after loading MP it takes a while to display playlists. If I display popular songs first, then it is faster and after the first time I display them it is quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!