aMPed update for MediaPortal 1.2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I didn't use the installer (did I do that wrong?). I just backed up my old aMPed folder and deleted everything in it. Then I copied all the skin folder files from SVN into the aMPed folder. It seemed to remember all my previous setup.

It's working for me. .... No guarantees for anyone else. I wasn't going to be able to use the 3.2 files anyway.

Chuck

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Chuck!
    Thanks, I will give it a try.

Dadeo mentioned to build the installer using the BUILD_Installer.bat in the build folder, same as you did when testing 3.2, in order to get a working version of aMPedConfig.
    But I have no idea what that means.

Cheers!
    Bas

Hi,
    I have copied a lot of files and folders from 3.3 to the program files and programdata directory and it worked. I had to install the 3.2 first as you mentioned.
    But with this copying, I have just tried something and have no idea what I am doing. Maybe Dadeo can give me a hint?

Best regards,
    Bas

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Bas... I actually have never tried to build an installer... I tested 3.2 AFTER it was released ;) ... and I will continue to test 3.3 even more AFTER as well :D:D:D.

I dragged all the relevant folders and files from SVN using TortoiseSVN Repo-Browser, directly to a dummy folder (everything that was in the SVN skin folder went into the local dummy folder, w/folders and sub-folders), then moved all of them to the skin folder.

I did not use the aMPed setup program for 3.3.

Chuck

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If you don't build the installer you won't get latest aMPedConfig with the new options (for diff list layouts/big covers, etc) I don't think aMPedConfig will even work, or the BasicHome Editor or the old Classic Basic Home layout which requires plugins for the submenus (Watch, Music, System, Games etc) that must be 1.2.0 compatible. But no worries, Migue is almost done and I can post an installer for aMped 3.3. beta. I probably won't release a mpe1 version until 3.3. is out of beta. Besides MPEI does not really work for 1.2.0 beta yet, but will be fixed in RC1 (thanks to Migue again!!!)

pilot_bas - can you post the actual error message(s) you get when you try BUILD_installer.bat? aMPedConfig normally installs a shortcut on your desktop, it is where you change themes, screensize, fontsize, backdrop options, layout options etc. Chuck is correct, your settings from 3.2 are saved by aMPedConfig, and will (mostly?) work in 3.3. Only you can't change them without a working version of aMPedConfig.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I think I found it... just added control.isvisible conditions to the Default Backdrops to include the album art images in the "Now Playing When Fan Handler Off" section
    Do you have Fanart Handler enabled? Because there were conditions already so the default backdrops should not display if fanart does. Was that not working? However, you are correct, I missed adding conditions if Fanart Handler was disabled. Also, I am not certain if Fanart Handler respects the visibility conditions for artist thumbs as backdrops, so it is likely much safer to add them explicitly for artist thumbs as you have done. THX!

three words ... OCD, AADD, WIFE (who thinks I should work for a living)... well... its more words if you say all the acronyms out loud :D:D:D:D:D

Why do you think I've never completed the 6 or so skins I've started?
    Now you are just making me laugh too hard! And I am sure you know I can relate. Everyone in my life harasses me about the amount of time I spend on MP! Rekenaar once told me he has to hide his mini display and 'sneak peak' at it, like an addict, to keep track of all forum posts without getting into trouble. :D We are all pretty much nuts about MP!

I still think you could have released at least two skins by now for all the time you put in modifying them! :p When you are done (does that ever occur?), please add your aMPed mods to the aMPed User Mods sub forum as I am sure a lot of users would enjoy them!

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    TLD,
    How do you know I have server2008 installed? :) :)
    But no, I don't have Windows SDK for Server 2008 now, but I can do that of course. Will that help?

@ Dadeo,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Do you have an estimate when you can provide a beta version? I was planning to upgrade my server to MP1.2.0 this weekend. I am now trying to get everything working on my laptop with 1.2.0 and I had succes with installing first the 3.2 and then copying the files from 3.3 to the right folders.
    I can change everything (as far as I can see) and it is working like in 3.2.

Only one thing is not working, but it is also not working on my server.
    When I choose 16:9 as format, then you can't push any buttons with a mouse or touchscreen.
    You have to push or click a few centimeters left (or right I can't remember) from that button to hit it.
    If you try to hit the "view" button in the middle, you actually are activating the button next to it.
    When you set it back to 4:3, everyting is ok again.

Last question, any idea when subcentral is working for moving pictures? I thought is was mentioned earlier to be in 3.3, but can't find anything about it anymore.

Especially for a touchscreen, this is the only proper skin where you can organize the buttons as you want to.
    So, many thanks for developing this skin and thanks for all the hard work!

If I get a beta version of the 3.3, I will reply all the test results.

Best regards,
    Bas

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Do you have an estimate when you can provide a beta version?
    Well I estimated a few days and when was that? A couple of weeks ago?
    Migue needs to finish coding the changes to aMPedConfig. Then I could post a beta installer and you can just update skin changes from SVN easily.
    Only one thing is not working, but it is also not working on my server.
    When I choose 16:9 as format, then you can't push any buttons with a mouse or touchscreen.
    You have to push or click a few centimeters left (or right I can't remember) from that button to hit it.
    If you try to hit the "view" button in the middle, you actually are activating the button next to it.
    When you set it back to 4:3, everyting is ok again.
    Can you give me a specifc screen/window or better yet a screenshot so I can tell exactly what your settings are? I have an idea what might be the cause but I need more info to isolate it. Thanks.
    Last question, any idea when subcentral is working for moving pictures? I thought is was mentioned earlier to be in 3.3, but can't find anything about it anymore.
    It is still on the Issue Tracker for 3.3. Every day I plan to start on it and every day I get interrupted. But it is right at the top of the list, because Migue also wants it :p
    Especially for a touchscreen, this is the only proper skin where you can organize the buttons as you want to.
    So, many thanks for developing this skin and thanks for all the hard work!
    Now you made my day! I always feel badly because I don't have a touch screen to test aMPed with and I have issues when using the mouse, so I assumed it did not support touch screen users very well.

What did you mean by "organize the buttons the way you want to?" Do you mean using the Basic Home Editor?
    If I get a beta version of the 3.3, I will reply all the test results.
    That will be greatly appreciated because with so many options it is impossible now for me to test every variable or combination of settings. And 3.3. pretty much triples the whole matrix!

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    @ Dadeo,

Thanks for your reply!
    Ok, then we have to wait for Migue.

For the 16:9 format, I made some screenshots to show you my setup.
    I now found out that if you aim for the middle button (basic home), you are actually activating the button right from it.
    You don't need a touchscreen to reproduce this error, a mouse works fine (as on my laptop) and gives you the same error.

knipsel1.png

knipsel2.png

knipsel3.png

knipsel4.png

knipsel5.png

knipsel6.png

As you can see, I use the basic home screen as you can customize this as you want to have it.
    I use the menu to group everything by function as you can see in the printscreens.
    I can just create/use the buttons I need and leave the ones I don't need.
    As the buttons are quite big, it is easy to use with a touchscreen.

I use the touchscreen when my tv is off. For example when I listen to music etc.
    This all is running on a SBS2008 machine which is doing more than just being a HTPC.

On some skins for 1.2.0 I found a volume function in the top menu. Is this comming with 3.3 too?

For the testing, count me in, no problem!

Best regards,
    Bas

By the way, I can also help to translate it to other languages!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Dadeo ...

Just an observation - common.dialog.xml needs to move 30 pixels to the left to center on the screen (and all the dialogs that import it).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread