aMPed update for MediaPortal 1.2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Chuck well my internet came back good enough to test and unfortunately that layout did not work on widescreen very well. I also noticed that a lot of songs do have durations, so I decided to use the standard aMPed Now Playing layout, same as on Last.fm, Now Playing, Lyrics, and other screens. It still has the big cover, but uses the progress bar and current playtime/duration.

I noticed you had left the scrolling play info in, but I agree with you that it is redundant. So I made sure the current playing tags are visible when media is playing except when the list or playlist have focus.

It's probably not exactly what you wanted but I hope close enough you can easily tweak it as you like. Just added to SVN.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am content ..... :D
    ... don't you ever sleep?
    Not much these days! I just finished hours of testing latest version of Fanart Handler as I was having serious issues with 2.2.5.505, but 2.2.5.507 is working well. I still can't get all fanart working in TV Windows, but step by step.

I am going to catch 40 winks now. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ...... zzzzzzzzz

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That was a quick nap .... :D:D

I really really really really dislike stretched fanart and artist thumbs in the backrounds/fanart. I'm putting a mask on the fanart textures and making sure they are centered with keepaspectratio=yes. I've also disabled the fanart_overlay.png because it is now redundant. I see some of the multi-image backgrounds still cycling behind the fanart (in Last.FM currently - I haven't checked the other areas yet, but I assume they might be using the same imported xml's.

also, multi-image and imagepath controls don't seem to accept the mask attribute (probably nothing you can do).

I've attached the fanart mask that I'm using.

Chuck

Edit: Did you say the fake "Now Playing" layout was in last.FM? (I can't find it) ... thanks!

Attachments

• fanart_mask_3.png
      fanart_mask_3.png
      41.8 KB

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Looks like the cycling multi-image background under the masked-fanart only happens when there is no fanart and the artist thumb is shown as a backdrop.

Chuck

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Chuck, can you tell me in what screen you see the mutliimages cycling behind the artist image. Or steps/setup to reproduce. I am not able to reproduce it yet. None of the backdrop controls are diffused, even the artist thumb ones, so there must be some control somewhere I have missed.

Edit: Did you say the fake "Now Playing" layout was in last.FM? (I can't find it) ... thanks!
    I did not mean there is a special fake Now Playing option, I meant that last.fm, Lyrics, etc use pretty much the same 'Now Playing' aMPed layout.

So when are you going to take over skinning aMPed or provide your own 4x3 skin so I can retire? :D I am sure you could do a much better job.

Everyone else has stopped supporting 4x3 skins and half the plugins no longer even provide skin files for 4x3 (or just copy the wide version!) It is a full time job with new plugins or versions released every few days. Now that skins have started including new versions of plugins in their installers, they break all other skins who don't do the same. Plus skinning is becoming increasingly developer oriented and I would be lost without Migue's help! On top of that, I already have two or three 'full time' MP jobs and I find it increasingly hard to keep up! So time to step up Chuck. :p

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Chuck, can you tell me in what screen you see the mutliimages cycling behind the artist image. Or steps/setup to reproduce. I am not able to reproduce it yet. None of the backdrop controls are diffused, even the artist thumb ones, so there must be some control somewhere I have missed.

I noticed it in Last.FM. After I applied my mask attribute to the fanart and changed the keepaspectratio to yes. You wouldn't see it under "normal" conditions :D

So when are you going to take over skinning aMPed or provide your own 4x3 skin so I can retire? :D I am sure you could do a much better job.

Everyone else has stopped supporting 4x3 skins and half the plugins no longer even provide skin files for 4x3 (or just copy the wide version!) It is a full time job with new plugins or versions released every few days. Now that skins have started including new versions of plugins in their installers, they break all other skins who don't do the same. Plus skinning is becoming increasingly developer oriented and I would be lost without Migue's help! On top of that, I already have two or three 'full time' MP jobs and I find it increasingly hard to keep up!

three words ... OCD, AADD, WIFE (who thinks I should work for a living)... well... its more words if you say all the acronyms out loud :D:D:D:D:D

Why do you think I've never completed the 6 or so skins I've started?

Chuck

Edit:
    I think I found it... just added control.isvisible conditions to the Default Backdrops to include the album art images in the "Now Playing When Fan Handler Off" section

Chuck

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I was obsessing again.

Here is my Last.FM with a hide playlist feature added (fake now playing screen).

Chuck

updated with backslide removed from fake now playing screen.

Attachments

• MyRadioLastFM.xml
      10.6 KB

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi all of you,
    I am a user of aMPed and very happy with it so far.
    Now I have 1.2.0 installed and would like to install the 3.3.0 version. I have downloaded all the files and pushed the build installer.bat file, but I get some errors.
    Is there a special way to make an installation file? Is someone maybe able to explain this to me? I can test and provide results after testing of course.

Best regards,
    Bas

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread