Are you using My TVSeries? (1 Viewer)

Are you using MyTV-Series?

• All the time (almost daily)

Votes: 94 88.7%
  • I use it, but not really that important to me

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I tried it, but it's not for me (please state why)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have never used it

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters

jbjones

June 23, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think this plugin needs to be added into the core. It is an order of magnitude better than the default "Movies" section of Media Portal. Heck expand the My TVseries to a second My Movies using a similar interface and database reference, or just expand and rename the current plugin to include movies and then call it My Videos or some such.

But, what do I know. It's a much appreciated plug-in.

Jarritos

Portal Member
October 11, 2006
I think this plugin needs to be added into the core. It is an order of magnitude better than the default "Movies" section of Media Portal. Heck expand the My TVseries to a second My Movies using a similar interface and database reference, or just expand and rename the current plugin to include movies and then call it My Videos or some such.

But, what do I know. It's a much appreciated plug-in.

I would agree this in my opinions is the best part of media portal and should definitely be including in the core version. :D

ZeroX

Portal Pro
October 26, 2005
Karlstad
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I'm defiently using it! mostly as a preparation.

My TV can't handle the computer output (to old).
hopefully i will afford a flatscreen in about 2 month, then i will defiently use it more then daily ;)

jameson71

Portal Member
June 27, 2007
I love the plugin. It is my favorite media portal function currently. It did take me a little longer to configure than I am used to with things these days, but it is very flexible and powerful . if I had to pick 2 out of three, those are the ones I want. (and looks great!)
I found the espresso regular expression tool very helpful to make some edits to one of the already existing show/season/episode parser and it helped a lot. It is free software. I am not very familiar with regular expessions but with the examples provided, espresso, and a tutorial online I was able to get all of my variously formatted episode filenames recognised in under an hour id say.
If anyone is thinking about making something similar for dvds, I d be glad to help any way I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
Replies
Views
OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
Replies
Views
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Dropping Episodes DE
Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in French), season 20 only displays the first 3 episodes, I couldn't find any difference in the file names between these first 3 episodes and the following ones except for the episode number of course. By going...
Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in...
Hi all, this seems to be a bit of a follow up on an issue I was having a couple of years ago. That issue just seemed to resolve...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom