ATI Catalysy 8.6 problem (1 Viewer)

fluffie

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Works like a charm. At least, my problems are solved......

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I installed CCC 8.6 on a fresh vista 32bits install and everything seems to work great! When I was using 8.4 and 8.5 I always had problems with the sound. I would stop getting sound every now and then... I also had problems when switching my tv back on (I always switch tv off and leave the computer on) it would display in 640x480 16bits colors instead of 1920x1080 32bits.

I'm using a Asus 3450, PDVD codecs with HA and everything works fine up to know. Didn't try any h.264 video, I'll try it eventually...

I also have no problem with a 3450 and Vista 32bit with 8.6 drivers... I also had no problemi with 8.5 infact...

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone of you being able to use ffdshow postprocessing filters with Catalyst while preserving HW deinterlacing?

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've the problem that vista 32bit crashes after resume - any idea which catalyst driver i need or how to check if it is ATI related?

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey mates,

it seems to be a well known problem - 've already posted a couple of times. i was simply unable to use MP, after weeks!!! i discovered that PowerDVD had been the issue - but i had needed it for HD. After removing PowerDVD from the system everything's started to work flawlessly. (now using arcoft h264 codec).

the strange thing is that dvb-viewer works pretty much perfect even with an installed powerdvd and mp just isn't. so you could argue the problem is caused by mp; but we spotted approx 5month ago that it could be caused by some chip set trouble.

therefore my advise, deinstall powerdvd and try a different codec, you gotta deinstall powerdvd - simply change the codec hasn't worked for me...

regards
    irm

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey mates,

it seems to be a well known problem - 've already posted a couple of times. i was simply unable to use MP, after weeks!!! i discovered that PowerDVD had been the issue - but i had needed it for HD. After removing PowerDVD from the system everything's started to work flawlessly. (now using arcoft h264 codec).

the strange thing is that dvb-viewer works pretty much perfect even with an installed powerdvd and mp just isn't. so you could argue the problem is caused by mp; but we spotted approx 5month ago that it could be caused by some chip set trouble.

therefore my advise, deinstall powerdvd and try a different codec, you gotta deinstall powerdvd - simply change the codec hasn't worked for me...

regards
    irm

Seems that something messed up your system. From what I can say PDVD Ultra 7.3 works flawlessly with MP and Catalyst. Can't say anything about V.8.

grubi.

Users who are viewing this thread