ATI Catalysy 8.6 problem (1 Viewer)

roe

Portal Member
May 28, 2008
Home Country
Are you guys using x32 windows version? I dont have any problem what so ever with x64 Vista
I played everything now except Blue-ray disc and I dont have one little problem.

I dont use the TV stuff though just the media play back using kmplayer as my external player.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Are you guys using x32 windows version? I dont have any problem what so ever with x64 Vista
    I played everything now except Blue-ray disc and I dont have one little problem.

I dont use the TV stuff though just the media play back using kmplayer as my external player.
    I'm on 32-bit Vista. But you've missed something or at least for me it's just MediaPlayers TV Client (and ts-recordings made by MP TV Server) that doesn't work. Every single other player and mode I've tried with other apps works just fine with 8.6 hotfix cats. I even watched HD DVD-movie without any issue on PowerDVD.

Btw I reinstalled Vista SP1 yesterday and installed only 8.6 hotfix cats.. So it was a clean system. Still I can't use anything else for TV than bob + VMR9 on my HD4850.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Found new beta catalysts (I guess bundled with some HD4870's):
    ATI Catalyst 8.52 Beta PcTreiber.Net | Filebase

These are 25/06/08 dated drivers, don't get confused of 8.520 revision (8.6 cats are actually 8.500). I just installed these and now I can use automatic or vector adaptive for MP TV again! Even EVR seem to work now without crashing TV!

So probably official 8.7 will also work just fine when they get out.. ..unless they manage to break drivers again :D

fluffie

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have some problems as well:
    After installing ATI Catalyst 8.6, I have a blank(black) screen when watching TV fullscreen. The little preview window is ok, by the way. So is all the other video playback.

This is what I found out: When reducing the colors from 32 bits to 16 bits, in properties of desktop, full screen TV is working again.

I don't know if I have the same problem(s) as you guys, but this seems to be my problem(and temporary solution)

Good luck in all your MP/Microsoft/driver-adventures

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This beta drivers won't work with Radeon 3200 (Vista x64). DXVA still broken...
    I've only tested SD TV on Vista x86 so I don't know if DXVA is still broken on H264 material. I'll test that later. I don't use MP to watch HD-content so I'm happy with those beta-drivers I posted link to. Much better IQ on EVR than what I got with official 8.6 or hotfix ones where I could only use VMR9 with bob-deinterlacing.

Someone tried the DNA (do not argue) drivers based on the 8.6 hotfix driver?
    For vista only (XP will follow soon).
    I was going to try those but then I found there was newer beta out. I tried 0.3 DNA 8.6 drivers a while ago but not final ones. On 0.3 Mediaportal didn't even start. But I doubt they really solve anything as they are based on faulty drivers, they are just tweaked for more speed on 3D I'd assume.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Found new beta catalysts (I guess bundled with some HD4870's):
    ATI Catalyst 8.52 Beta PcTreiber.Net | Filebase

These are 25/06/08 dated drivers, don't get confused of 8.520 revision (8.6 cats are actually 8.500). I just installed these and now I can use automatic or vector adaptive for MP TV again! Even EVR seem to work now without crashing TV!

So probably official 8.7 will also work just fine when they get out.. ..unless they manage to break drivers again :D

Link did not work here. Found alt. Pretaktovanie.sk • Zobrazenie témy - AMD/ATi Catalyst 8.7 Beta (8.52)

Users who are viewing this thread