Auto starting Media Portal to My TV plugin (1 Viewer)

egandt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2007
    I want Media Portal to auto start on the My TV Plugin as this is what I use primarily, any way to do this?

Thanks,
    ERIC

Da Silva

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I use a programme called HIP to add key stroke schedules to the computer when it wakes up from stand by or hibernate. The other thing you need is the My Keys plugin to MediaPortal available in the plugin section of the MediaPortal website.

So install the My keys plugin in the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process or where you installed the software.

Then install HIP available from http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/default.asp?SCLASS=HIP

Add a scheduled event to HIP that presses the keys t and then a 200ms break and then T notice the case sensitivity t & T.

Hope this helps you. Works for me great and MediaPortal starts from stand by in 13 seconds with Full screen TV running.

I think you will find HIP very useful even with other areas related to MediaPortal it just needs some getting used to.

kiesow

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But an option "[ ] Start MediaPortal with Fullscreen TV" would be great. Mainly for ppl who use MediaPortal more as a TV than a HTPC.

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I want Media Portal to auto start on the My TV Plugin as this is what I use primarily, any way to do this?

Thanks,
    ERIC

You can use the MCE Replacement Plugin.

In tree step:

1) run the internal Macro Editor;

2) write a simple macro with two events (TV and TVFULLSCREEN);

3) load the macro in the internal Event Mapper.

Best regards,
    xavier.

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    But an option "[ ] Start MediaPortal with Fullscreen TV" would be great. Mainly for ppl who use MediaPortal more as a TV than a HTPC.

Not that mainly , some people even don't have tv at all but use MP every day. ;)
    Well indeed would be a nice option , but some plugins were existing allowing to start any screen you want at startup , don't remind the name , but if you look in plugins section you may find it.

Users who are viewing this thread