Avalon Bug Reports & Issues (1 Viewer)

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Nope, might wanna see that. But i hope you have fixed the hardcoded labels. I hate them ;)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi, when you are in the extensions plugin and go to show change log or if you are in one of the imdb+ mod skins and go to imdb+ info from the side menu, then nothing happens.

HOWEVER... if I change skin without closing MP from the settings from Avalon to default wide, they both popups show OK as expected, but if I change back to Avalon and try again then this time they DO appear but just incorrectly formatted and the popup bubble shows titled "select album". see screenshots attached.

This is a strange one all right - I think you'll find that the position of the text in the pop-up dialogue boxes is hardcoded in both of those plugins and is designed for a 1280x720 skin because there's nowhere (that I can see having had a quick look) that you can set the position in the XML files :( BUT having said that check out my screenshot below - at first I got the same result as you and then it worked :mad: Unfortunately imdb+ didn't "fix itself"...

Attachments

• ext.jpg
    ext.jpg
    48.7 KB

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    having said that check out my screenshot below - at first I got the same result as you and then it worked :mad: Unfortunately imdb+ didn't "fix itself"...

For me in the extensions plugin sometimes I get to see the Select Version popup as you have in your screenshot, however if you try to select one of the versions in the list (to see the changelog itself), I can bet it will either a) not do anything or b) show the "Select Album" incorrectly formatted popup that I mentioned previously.

It is a bit strange this, I presume there's a simple explanation, well hopefully! :)

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    In TV-Series, the color of the watched series doesnt change without the infos at the bottom of the screeen

The killing detail would be to change the eye symbol as viewed too ;)

Attachments

• TV-Series_Viewed_bottom.jpg
      TV-Series_Viewed_bottom.jpg
      85 KB
    • TV-Series_Viewed.jpg
      TV-Series_Viewed.jpg
      76 KB

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    In TV-Series, the color of the watched series doesnt change without the infos at the bottom of the screeen

The killing detail would be to change the eye symbol as viewed too ;)

Thats odd, mine still displays the correct font colour with bottom info disabled. Different watched icon would be cool.

Ayindi

Portal Member
    December 1, 2011
    AW: Avalon Bug Reports & Issues

Hi,

one thing I just realized seems to be missing is the multiplier display when using fast forward / rewind. The original skin had a x2 / x4 / x8 and x16 display when using this feature. This is pretty handy. In Avalon I can see some half transparent background popping up, but there is no text where I would expect it. Maybe the strings were just forgotten to add?

Jumpman

Portal Member
    August 28, 2011
    I can't change the name of "Play Disc" for example in "Blu-ray player" in BasicHome Menu. I've done the following steps: I go in MediaPortal Configuration Plugins to Avalon Skin Editor, go to Play Disc, changed the name and click "update", then "save", if I come back to the menu or in MP itself it isn't changed. I've the same problem with changing backdrops/background can't changed them with Avalon skin. I did three clean installs (Windows and MP + Avalon HD), always the same problem.

The name of InfoService can I change in the plugin itself, even by Moving Pictures (to Movies) and MP-TV Series (to Series). But I can't change Play Disc for exaple.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I can't change the name of "Play Disc" for example in "Blu-ray player" in BasicHome Menu. I've done the following steps: I go in MediaPortal Configuration Plugins to Avalon Skin Editor, go to Play Disc, changed the name and click "update", then "save", if I come back to the menu or in MP itself it isn't changed. I've the same problem with changing backdrops/background can't changed them with Avalon skin. I did three clean installs (Windows and MP + Avalon HD), always the same problem.

The name of InfoService can I change in the plugin itself, even by Moving Pictures (to Movies) and MP-TV Series (to Series). But I can't change Play Disc for exaple.

Have you made sure that you have selected Basic home (and not Classic home which is the defualt) from the GUI section of the MP config?

GUI 1.2.0 - MediaPortal Wiki

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jumpman: please no crossposting. As we all said, you are definatly not using basic home, you use the classic home

Users who are viewing this thread