[confirm] Backspace Keyboard Command (1 Viewer)

esoteradactyl

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
I have noticed with rc5 and rc6 the backspace keyboard command is no longer sent. This was very helpful to return to the beginning of long lists while using list views.. :confused:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have noticed with rc5 and rc6 the backspace keyboard command is no longer sent. This was very helpful to return to the beginning of long lists while using list views.. :confused:

It is also very helpful if, when reporting problems, you post your logs.

Mark

esoteradactyl

Portal Member
    January 4, 2006
    Ok, here's an example. In moving pictures I use list view and have 300+ movies. When browsing titles, hitting backspace always returned you to the beginning of the list. Now backspace does nothing. This function was very helpful with large libraries.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, here's an example. In moving pictures I use list view and have 300+ movies. When browsing titles, hitting backspace always returned you to the beginning of the list. Now backspace does nothing. This function was very helpful with large libraries.

It is not clear from mantis what was changed in the fix, but from your report, it was the default mapping.

Solution - map this key to do what it used to do.

Mark

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Use Pos1 to go to the first item. That's the actual default key for it.
    Backspace going to the first item was a bug. You have mapped Backspace to Previous Menu action I asume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Dropping Episodes DE
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in French), season 20 only displays the first 3 episodes, I couldn't find any difference in the file names between these first 3 episodes and the following ones except for the episode number of course. By going...
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in...
    Hi all, this seems to be a bit of a follow up on an issue I was having a couple of years ago. That issue just seemed to resolve...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom