Controlling MP via PPC ? (1 Viewer)

Haplo

Portal Member
September 21, 2004
Sweden
Hi all,

Is it possible to control MP via a PPC and WiFi ?
More or less like Xlobby works ?

(didn't like Xlobby that much though)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I found a thread on xlobby.com which shows screenshots that look very much like MP! But the thread is describing XLobbyMC (running Xlobby on PPC?) the person (Naylia - from Boston) who worked on the screens has listed under a todo section in his profile "Add XRemote to XLobbyMC"

It sure would be nice to see a the ability to remote of MP from a Windows Mobile pocketPC handheld wifi computer!

Mike Zemina

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    To clarify. The screens are from xlobby not MP, its "just" the images that look like MP. And from what I know u cant control MP from a PPC.

//LAsse

Naylia

November 1, 2005
    The images are from Samsonite. The XLobbyMC skin came about when I started using SageTV with mlbdude's SageMC skin. I contacted him about about creating a matching skin and he pointed me towards Samsonite who was quite generous in allowing us both to use his fine artwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use MPiviewer for ipad and that's what was important to me. it's nice to have taken the time for my problem which will undoubtedly be useful to others as well.
    thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use...
    Hello, I am trying to reinstall mediaportal 1.16 but I get an error message "no internet connection found! to continue the...
    Replies
    Views
    The checkbox mentioned is unchecked. I found a solution. I had selected the AV HDMI device as the audio renderer in the MP Config. I switched to DirectSound and the issue disappeared, along with a problem with DTS passthrough. Some issue with WASAPI apparently.
    The checkbox mentioned is unchecked. I found a solution. I had selected the AV HDMI device as the audio renderer in the MP...
    I've been using MP for many years in the living room with a big screen TV, and a 5.1 powered speaker system via analog audio...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the suggestions, and I will be exploring to see what I can get to. My remote does indeed support button allocation, sequences etc. abnd I have been using these. As you say there is no longer an action for Restart MP. There used to be, as described here - but no longer as I think that was really for actual MCE remotes and...
    Thanks for the suggestions, and I will be exploring to see what I can get to. My remote does indeed support button allocation...
    Hi, I recently upgraded after a long period and now have V1.30. I was on 1.23 and for various reasons would really like to go...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install and I'm just using to blast channels to a Scientific Atlanta STB thats being decoded by an HDPVR. Everything works perfectly, but after some time (less than a day), it starts having an issue where the...
    Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
    Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
    Replies
    Views
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom