DVB-T scan no signal sunshine coast (1 Viewer)

Neil Broughton

December 17, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi there,

Have tried all of the suggestions here but cannot get it to work. WMC works fine, attached logs which I'm hoping will help....Thanks

Last edited:

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    seems that your USB DVB-T device is not conencted via BDA-Driver to the tv-service.

is it vieable in the tv-server configuration programm?
    did you try another USB port?

what USB stickis it ?
    log file says WinFast DTV Dongle ...
    driver version?

Neil Broughton

December 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey, yes the DVB-T is visible, yes have tried changing the USB port, have double checked the frequencies for my location. Not sure if I mentioned that WMC7 worked perfectly, as did the app supplied with the card. Have removed that app and the policy to stop the WMC service is active.

The stick is a Leadtek WinFast DTV Dongle H (hybrid) and the driver version is 3.15.0.0 which is the most recent according to Leadtek. I'm not sure about the driver being BDA compliant - there does not seem to be any reference to it in the manual, packaging or filename. Do you think it will work with another driver?

Again, thnx for your assistance.

Last edited:

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi there
    if this is a "hybrid" - what receivers doe it have - (didn't find good answers via google)
    is that a DVB-T/C hybrid? - if yes...

what is shown in the tv-server config under "TV Server"?
    only one "card" or more (DVB-T / DVB-C)

friend of mine used a hybrid stick (analog/digital C/T) which works (normaly) only by using only one "receiver"
    so he use it as an DVB-C stick and he has to deactivete the DVB-T & analog part in the tv-server config ...
    couse with both "on" it does not work ...

Last edited:

Neil Broughton

December 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hey, busy weekend....in the TV Configuration there are four items listed under Asrock in TV Servers, I've disabled all but the DVB-T. The driver does have a file named bdasup.sys but I just can't establish if the TV Card and driver are BDA compliant. The fact that WMC7 works suggests that it is, I've made and inquiry to the manufacturer and am waiting a reply. I have attached screen shots of the TV Configuration and the Driver (sorry for the quality but this is a HTPC and I don't have Word etc installed).

Another aspect which may be of relevance is that the TV Server and the TV Card were installed after Media Portal was installed. Some other threads have suggested to uninstall then re-install media portal. I have invested many hours setting up my video, picture and music libraries/databases, so I'm very wary of taking this step. Do you think this may resolve the issue?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Driver.png
      Driver.png
      129 KB
    • TVServer.png
      TVServer.png
      61.5 KB
    • Server And Driver.pdf
      105.1 KB
    Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Easiest way to screenshot is to press print screen (above the arrow keys) then press alt+v (paste) in Windows Paint. (Start -> All -> Accessories -> Paint)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread