DVBS Diseqc 1.2/USALS Motor Support (1 Viewer)

countzerouk

Portal Member
August 24, 2006
Ok just had a look thru the source and can't find any support for motorised dishes at all. Is this true or is my brain not working?

TIA

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Correct. MediaPortal does not support anything above DiSEqC 1.0 currently. And, only a limited number of cards are actually supported for DiSEqC 1.0.

Kind regards,
    Michel

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

AFAIK no one from the team currently is, and I am not aware of it being planned. Support for this will probably have to be written specifically for any card that supports it.

Kind regards,
    Michel

countzerouk

Portal Member
    August 24, 2006
    hmm, dunno about understanding the code but I can use a search facilty ok:D

Would be nice to have a hack with this but i'm facing an acute learning curve - I last programmed a v long time ago and never progressed much past the BASIC type langs and deffo not on Windows.

I've been looking for diseqc 1.2/1.3 source code and only thing coming up is mythtv c++ so would mean transcoding from one lang I don't know into another lang I don't know. Guaranteed recipe for disaster.

Also it looks like the DVBChannel database will need changes to store sat details rather than diseqc number as at present. Maybe I'll have a looksee if I can hack something together to at least get the motor moving and then hand over to someone who feels more comfortable working with MP source. Don't hold your breath tho.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    See the "Diseqc Motor" link at the lefthand bar of this page; this is a patch for the SS2 drive to allow the use of a motor. I might make plugin for this, once I get my motor working, I still need to get around to getting up on the roof and playing with iT. how much interest is there for this?

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am very interested in this feature. Without motor support in MP I have to use another program for satellite viewing.

Lol, there we go again

If MP doesnt have feature XYZ then i'll use another app
    Be my guest...

tjf

Portal Member
    November 4, 2006
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Lol, there we go again

If MP doesnt have feature XYZ then i'll use another app
    Be my guest...

Why are you so defensive? I love MP, but since it does not move my dish, I have to use ProgDVB for satellite viewing. I am really waiting for this feature, because there is no DVB application that supports motor that can be easily controlled with remote.

Tomas

Users who are viewing this thread