Feature Requests & Bug Reports (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The new navigation in XFactor (latest release) is flawed IMO. If I am in a very long playlist and want to go to the top controls, I can no longer go:

Left, up, up, right

as before, but I now have to scroll all the way to the top and then press up once more. If you have a 24 page playlist, this is very annoying. Also, I can't go to the bottom of a long list of files by pressing up like before. As this has been the norm since the first release and I almost never use any other skin, this isn't really user friendly (to me).

These controls, are they globally controlled in the "references.xml" or would editing each and every file be needed?

Feature request:
    Make the lyric view more in line with "Now Playing", so when you go into the Lyrics view, the album cover could stay where it is in Now Playing, and the lyrics could just appear above it, and the rest of the info in the Now Playing screen. What do you think?

Thanks!
    Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

Aout navigation this is still an ongoing task so any feedback is much appreciated. I will see what I can do but I will not change pressing up to navigate to bottom of list as up will have to go to the top menu.

Your suggestion on lyrics layout is great and I will make a try;)

cheers
    cul8er

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    but I will not change pressing up to navigate to bottom of list as up will have to go to the top menu.

I am really missing the ability to navigate to the bottom of list, but I understand the reasoning.

Edit - please do not see this as a negative comment. Just some feedback ;)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi emphatic,

Aout navigation this is still an ongoing task so any feedback is much appreciated. I will see what I can do but I will not change pressing up to navigate to bottom of list as up will have to go to the top menu.

cheers
    cul8er

Hi guys,

i agree with emphatic on this one...this could be a real pain when you navigate to the end of a playlist (Music,OnlineVideos...etc) and i don't understand very much what do you mean when you say the "UP" keypress is used for the "Top Menu"...in that case what happend if you are in the middle of the playlist and want to go "UP" again,is the topmenu triggered?I guess not, so that's why i think that maybe is better to use the "left" and "right" for the top menu,off course you are the designer so it's up to you ;)

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi emphatic,

cheers
    cul8er

Hi guys,

i agree with emphatic on this one...this could be a real pain when you navigate to the end of a playlist (Music,OnlineVideos...etc) and i don't understand very much what do you mean when you say the "UP" keypress is used for the "Top Menu"...in that case what happend if you are in the middle of the playlist and want to go "UP" again,is the topmenu triggered?I guess not, so that's why i think that maybe is better to use the "left" and "right" for the top menu,off course you are the designer so it's up to you ;)

I gotta agree with Emphatic & Pretoriano on this one

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi cul8er!

Thanks for the new version of the plugin and I wish you have a happy christmas time. The new plugin works really great although I have some issues, for example in the music part navigation is a little bit slow and the artist backdrop appears too late (anyway, this isn't an important problem because the fanart plugin is not finished).

In the list view of Moving Pictures I have a visibility problem with the "menu". Here you have a screenshot.

Am I the only one with this problem? Cul8er, can you see it?

Thanks for all your work and keep up with the good job, XFactor is the best skin!

Regards,

Aitor

EDIT: Cul8er, how do you feel about adding film logos under the cover art? I think that there is enough space to put resolution, video codec, audio codec, audio channels and subtitules logos. What do you think?

Attachments

• Moving Pictures.jpg
      Moving Pictures.jpg
      180.8 KB

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I notice now that when I'm browsing through MyMusic Albums, filmstrip view, I no longer get any backdrops, just a blank screen - surely this is not expected behaviour? I still get backdrops when in the playlist screen. I am not using the Fanart Handler plugin.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Jeditrav.

The x-factor skin uses the fanart handler plugin for setting backdrops in many screens (like in music) so not using it will make the skin look very bad. The skin needs the plugin to work.

best regards
    cul8er

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Jeditrav.

The x-factor skin uses the fanart handler plugin for setting backdrops in many screens (like in music) so not using it will make the skin look very bad. The skin needs the plugin to work.

best regards
    cul8er

Hmmm. I tried using the Fanart Handler and modifying my Menus to use it with the xFactor Menu Generator. I don't know what I did wrong, the instructions are not very clear, but it caused a complete corruption of my xFactor Menu Generator plugin, making it throw up an unhandled exception error every time I tried to open it, and giving me an 'empty' menu generator with only a few .xml's in the list to build from. Ultimately, I had to completely uninstall and reinstall xFactor and build my basichome.xml again from scratch - without using the Fanart Handler due to the issues it had already caused me. I'm a bit loathe to use the Fanart Handler again until step by step instructions are plainly laid out - ie, instructions for how to implement the Fanart Handler within the xFactor Menu Generator.

Regards.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Jeditrav,

You do not have to use it with the menu editor. Just enable it in MP configuration and it will add support to many areas of the skin. I will try to add more detailed instructions so that you can also use it in the basichome because it will improve memory use and speed at least this is my experiense.

cheers
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread