ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi,

No, the title, album, artist, picture name, episode and so on is all available (in the version you have tested for a month ;) , the skin just does not display the values).

best regards
    cul8er

o.k ...now i see....:) great news ...thank's .. :D

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Statusupdate item

How about a statusupdate item that (depending on the skin) can be shown on every page and shows basic info on what plugins are currently doing in the background (XBMC also has this afaik).

Just a small info panel that shows for example:
    - plugin name
    - status string
    - percentage done
    - estimated time left

I made a mockup for the maya skin: mp_maya_screen.png

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: Statusupdate item

This is up to MP-TVSeries and Moving Pictures to support, not InfoService :)

Edit: moved to feature requests thread

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I was thinking of this as the same as recently added. InfoService would provide a way for plugins to publish a global statusupdate...

Otherwise a skin developer would have to show the tvseries status, movingpictures status, plugin xy status, etc.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: Feature Requests

Hello there,

This time, I have a request for InfoService. :)
    Would it be possible, please, to fill a UserAgent value when you connect to a website, please ?
    I mean for the Feed Ticker.

:D

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi edsche/SilentException,

I've already posted a new thread about it yesterday, but now I see this is the feature request thread, so here's a copy:

It seems that the twitter thumbnail are in a very low resolution (48x48), and it seems like there's a very easy solution:

Let's take for example the Team-MediaPortal profile.

Default image that is being shown when using twitter is 48x48:
    http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/761823334/MP_Packaging_Blue_Shadow_normal.jpg

If you replace the "_normal.jpg" with "_reasonably_small.jpg" you get a 128x128:
    http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/761823334/MP_Packaging_Blue_Shadow_reasonably_small.jpg

If you replace the "_normal.jpg" with only ".jpg", you get the full sized, in this case 500x478:
    http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/761823334/MP_Packaging_Blue_Shadow.jpg

I think it should be either the biggest or at least the 128x128

Yoav

Yoav

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi,

O.K. So I've made the change myself and tested it :)
    It's working great with both options. (The full size looks better)

Patch attached (on top of "1.6.6 - MePo1.2 Beta" branch, revision #78477)
    I'm not familiar with the code so I might have done the change in the wrong place, but I guess it shouldn't be more than 2 lines change...

So if you could review it and add it to your next release, it would be great :)

Yoav

Attachments

• 110530 - Twitter_Large_Thumbnails (using SVN rev 78477).patch
      2.3 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi yoavain, is this something universal or documented? Even tho it seems like a good thing to do, personally I wouldn't like IF:

- half of profile images will be missing after the change - has to be tested on large sample
    - twitter changes this in the future and all profile images are missing - if it's undocumented feature, change can be made without any announcements

But perhaps I'm just too worried about a small change like this ;) But would still like to hear edsche's comments.

Users who are viewing this thread