Germant HDTV-Channnels Supportet Pro7Sat1 HD Skystar2 (1 Viewer)

T-REX_2000

Portal Member
September 23, 2004
Germany
Code:
Schuld daran ist der verwendete Übertragungsstandard DVB-S2, der bislang von keiner DVB-S-Karte unterstützt wird.

question answered?

the ss2 does not support dvb-s2 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

tom1502

Portal Pro
October 4, 2004
Speyer
Home Country
Germany Germany
Due to the fact that the SS2 is a Software Decoding card i saw the possibility that there could be a DVB-S2 support, just by adding the Functionality to the Software. Or am i thinking wrong

promike

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
Germany
tom1502 said:
Due to the fact that the SS2 is a Software Decoding card i saw the possibility that there could be a DVB-S2 support, just by adding the Functionality to the Software. Or am i thinking wrong

DVB-S2 uses different modulation than DVB-S to extend the bandwitdh
of a channel. (e.g. 8PSK instead of QPSK) So it is very unlikely that an old DVB-S board will support DVB-S2.
Unless you use a software demodulator :) you have to wait until suitable boards are available.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
Replies
Views
I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an option more to evaluate
Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an...
Hi, i wrote this problem already in the german section, but the problem could not be solved until now. @morpheus_xx tryed it with...
Replies
Views
I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six years. I migrated from WMC to MP because it offered more of what I wanted, and less of what I didn't want. But if you are comfortable with WMC, the obvious choice is to stay with WMC on Windows 7. The...
I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six...
I have been 15 years with WMC in Windows 7 but clearly need to upgrade. I believe that MP might meet my needs. Before I invest a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom