Hauppage Win PVR 150 og PVR500 (1 Viewer)

JanArild

Portal Member
March 20, 2006
Norway
Hi. What is the better choise: Win PVR 150 og PVR500? I have limited money and is wondering if I need two tuners or not.

Thanks

/ Jan Arild

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, only you can really answer that question.

Both the PVR150 and PVR500 use the same chipset, so the only question really is if you think you would need 2 tuners or just 1.

If you have 1 tuner, you can only watch TV or record TV.
    If you have 2 tuners, you can watch TV and record TV at the same time, or record 2 shows at the same time and do something else.

I got a PVR150, as regular analog TV here in North America is supposed to be phased out completely in 2008/09, so im eventually going to have to go the HDTV route.

JanArild

Portal Member
    March 20, 2006
    Norway
    If I have 1 tuner. Can I watch tv on my tv and record a show with the media center? Then I guess I have to split the tv kabel så both units get signals at the same time. Is this correct?

tein

Portal Member
    February 12, 2006
    Sweden
    That is correct. You can use your TV as usual if you split the cable. That mean that you can watch TV while the HTPC is recording another channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    Not sure if this is the correct section to post but is there any advantage in updating a Win 7 system to Win 10 I have run Win 7...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    I'm about to do a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on a disk that has 2 partitions. The second partition holds all the recorded tv files so...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and remember to add support for this sort order.
    Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and...
    Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to help me out. Is there a way to either use the sort feature and/or a...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom