HVR - 2200 Support (1 Viewer)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Rafagsi, there will be a snapshot at the end of the week which will include this fix. otherwise you'll need to download the source from SVN and compile it your self.

galeap

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    I've got a HVR2200 and DVB-T works perfectly but TV Server hangs when trying to scan analog :-(
    I have the exact same problem.

Hi there.

I too have this problem. I have just built my first HTPC and have spent a fair bit of time getting mediaportal up and going. And I must say I am most impressed with this software and the effort that people have made to it.

Although I am a little confused to some of the discussion in this thread. At the moment I can use both of my digital tuners to record and watch channels, however I never set up anything to with the hybrid groups in the tv server. I just had each tuner scan for channels, removed all the non HD channels or double ups that we have here in Australia (I.e. all of the SD 7's) went to Mediaportal and it worked.

Tonight I set out to connect myVCR up to the HVR-2200 via the s-video plug and have had no luck at all. At first I though all i need do is tune in one of the analog tuners with the VCR playing a tape. But as others have mentioned above the tv server software just hangs.

I then tried the add SVHS/VHS channels button, noticed it had added a heap of channels to the TV channels list but none of these seem to work (Mediaportal hangs) or have the video play back on them.

Does anyone know how the S-video input should be tuned in? Should it be scanned as an analog or be added by default with the SVHS/VHS channels button? And finally is it part of the SVN fix that is due to come out later this week? At present I just have plain old RC1 installed for both the tv server and the mediaportal client.

Thanks in adavnce for any feedback on this as it is greatly appreciated. And as this is my first post, hopefully all goes well.:D

Cheers,

Pete

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm guessing this is because the analog part of the card doesn't work yet with the released SVN builds. Wait untill the end of this week, download an d install the newly released SVN version and try again :).

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Galeap Welcome!

The HVR-2200 support will be fixed in the next weekly snapshot which should be available for download tomorrow sometime :)

galeap

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey Galeap Welcome!

The HVR-2200 support will be fixed in the next weekly snapshot which should be available for download tomorrow sometime :)

Thanks everyone for the replies. :D

Mcraenz,

Do you know if this will also sort out the S-Video in port? What is the coorect method to detect this port in Mediaportal? Ie scan the analog tuners or use the 'add svhs/vhs channels button'? :confused:

Cheers,

Pete

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you know if this will also sort out the S-Video
    Haven't tested it but I expect so. To add svideo channels just go to the TV Channels section and click add, give the channel a name and fill up the analog tab specifying SHVS as the source.

Users who are viewing this thread