i915Ga-HFS anyone? (1 Viewer)

doc

October 7, 2005
Experience

Well, I have the board. And will not recommend it. I live in Europe. But the on-board graphics does not support PAL. Even tho the user manual says it does. Contacted AOpen, and they confirm.
BIOS does not allow to run CPU fan temperature controlled and PSU fan temperature controlled in parallel, if you set CPU fan to automatic in BIOS, PSU fan runs at 100%. So you need a fanless PSU.
Worst of all - on the board I have, the PCIe1x slot is incorrectly alligned. And blocked by a connector. So it cannot be used. This is an error acknowledged by AOpen, and possibly corrected on the latest batch. But check if you buy one.
But my conclusion: Stay away.
doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I found this post by accident. I think your issue has nothing to do with HTPC projects and Hardware, so is in the wrong thread. Also you do not mention, if it's related to MP1 or MP2, so nobody can really help. Please move your post to a related problem thread and provide more information.
I found this post by accident. I think your issue has nothing to do with HTPC projects and Hardware, so is in the wrong thread...
I have had no issues with this, but today when trying to watch a tv stream on either of my two clients I get the error ‘There is no...
Replies
Views
I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the Schedules Direct plugin.
I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the...
I don't know if anyone is still supporting SchedulesDirect at this point, but I'm about to toss my HTPC in the garbage because I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install and I'm just using to blast channels to a Scientific Atlanta STB thats being decoded by an HDPVR. Everything works perfectly, but after some time (less than a day), it starts having an issue where the...
Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
Replies
Views
Hi joecrow Yep it did auto-login normally, but after the mediaportal install it just never got to that point. I reset the windows again and re-set it up today. This is the 3rd reset so I'm not confident, but the difference this time is perhaps that I was careful to install one thing at a time, and restart a lot.. the difference in...
Hi joecrow Yep it did auto-login normally, but after the mediaportal install it just never got to that point. I reset the windows...
Hi everyone I purchased this mini PC: https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-atlas-z310-i3-mini-pc-windows-10/ and have installed the...
Replies
Views
I get the same graph for both channels in PiP mode. See attached. No sound from second channel (even it it's subsequently switched to be the main channel), but the graph stays the same in any of the possible scenarios. N.
I get the same graph for both channels in PiP mode. See attached. No sound from second channel (even it it's subsequently...
I had this problem in MP1, and could never solve it, which prompted me to switch to MP2, in which, blessedly, I did not have the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom