Ignore certain files (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a way to ignore certain files? Some of my series have extras like music videos etc that'll try adding even though I select ignore on scan and delete them from the database. Any way around this? Thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Game_dude, you can rely on the default filtering of the word 'sample'. So put all those files inside a folder called 'sample', or add sample to the filename. You can also modify the regular expressions to ignore other text-terms, but that is not for the faint of heart.

PS: It could also be that those extras are false positives by all the additional import parsing expressions, so by disabling the ones you do not need for actual episode import to work, you would auto-exclude the others. Without much more detailed info from you that is not easy to answer/explain.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I see I might try doing the "sample" workaround. Basically for example I added all my Charlie Chaplin shorts renamed and everything so it picks it up from thetvdb under the name "The Charlie Chaplin Show" but in my Chaplin folder I also have a lot of his features which I Don't want added but it does anyway under it's own thing since it can't find what series it is. If that makes sense? I guess I can also move the shorts to tv series folder and leave the films in their own folders?

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have the same issue and would be grateful for an easy solution. e.g. I have some DVD Rip Extras together with the episodes like:

\TV-SHOWS\MyShow\Season 1\Extras\Extra.S01E012.Deleted.Scenes.mkv

Which totally mess up the import...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Terra, that would fall under incorrect filename, and outside of the scope of MP-TVSeries. You will have to manually correct them. At TheTVdB on the show in question, click on "Specials" and locate the correct S00E.. one that the episode matches and then use that to rename the filename with.

An interim solution as mentioned above would be to exclude the entire Extras folder by renaming it "Sample" or "Extras-Sample", etc. This would exclude them all, but at least prevent import issues if you do not want to do the renaming on each individual file to have them appear under 'Specials'. Keep in mind that TheTVdB rules only allow entries that actually aired on TV, which would not be the case for most DVD Extra's. Rules are not always followed, so you will still be able to find the majority of those extra's for most shows.

And you have to disable the default expression as well, or it will see "Extra" as the TV-Show name, and not use "MyShow" from the folder.

Can also use 3rd party tools to correct this in a more automated way, such as SickBeard post-processing, ReNamer, etc.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I will have a look into that, thanks!

Maybe I try to rewrite the regex expression as well...

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you can rely on the default filtering of the word 'sample'. So put all those files inside a folder called 'sample', or add sample to the filename.

I tried to add a new string replacement in Import -> String Replacements with following properties. I thought this would prevent MPTV to try to match my files, but it seems they still show up. Shouldn't this work or am I missing a logic here?
    Is the Sample filter you mentioned on the folder or on the filename or both?

Enabled: Yes
    Run before matching: Yes
    Is Regex: No
    Replace: Extras
    With this: Sample

Enabled: Yes
    Run before matching: Yes
    Is Regex: No
    Replace: Specials
    With this: Sample

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The exclusion is done inside the Regular Expression for importing. Adding a string replacement with the 'Yes' before matching should work, but you need to give me more data (like full path+file example) to verify inside Expresso.

Otherwise do like Regex entry before matching of "Extras.S\d+E\d+" replace with "Ignored". To strip the S/E info away from the episode so they will be ignored during import.

Users who are viewing this thread