LCARS skin? (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will there be a 16:9 support? I think this would make the skin very atractive to a lot of people (including me). ;-)

Hi,

there will be a 16:9 skin, but unfortunately not until end of october. :sorry:

Regards

catavolt

NielsSF

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was busy with a 16:9 version, but after doing the home page and some setup pages i stopped becose the slow working of my system.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Catavolt,

Love the skin, and as a Trekkie it's a must have for me, but....

There is one small show stopper (for me) at the moment, the TV Series plug-in skin is all over the place and does not work properly with all the TV Series gadgets (like fanart).

Keep up the good work.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Catavolt,

Love the skin, and as a Trekkie it's a must have for me, but....

There is one small show stopper (for me) at the moment, the TV Series plug-in skin is all over the place and does not work properly with all the TV Series gadgets (like fanart).

Keep up the good work.

Hello,

I´m working on that - please give me some days :oops:

Regards

catavolt

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt,

first :D again for your efforts.

Now the bugs ;) :
    - in TV fullscreen when you enter a channel number this appears on the left side but background is only on the right side (a "bug" taken from PMIII...)
    - in TV + VideoOSD and BasicHome the order of buttonchange (onleft/right/up/down) was still the same like in PMIII though the design doesn't fit it - I changed xml-files to fix this - see attachment

Will report if I find more (hopefully not)...

And in the end a request:
    Could you please also make/adapt the xml-file(s) for FileExplorer-Plugin?

NielsSF

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    catavolt,

i have some small modification made for the home page.
    The menu is a little nice so, i think.

When you come to the IRC maby we can tolk a bit about new steps,
    and the wide screen version.

Attachments

• myhome.png
      myhome.png
      71.8 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello NielsSF and Hawkeye,

A big :D for your contribution to make LCARS better.

I will integrate your files immediately, possibly next week I will release version 1.1 with all the bugfixes mentioned in this forum as well as integrating the desired plugins.

Regards and happy Trekking!

catavolt

LudwigXIV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    South-Palatina
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New font?!

Hi,

first: :D for this great Skin. I found an old version of MP in the download folder when I reorganized my PC last week, must have found that in the www some times ago but never tested it. Finally, last weekend I tested the MP in the newer Version and I'm very proud of you all :D Well done, much better than WMC!

I found your skin some days ago and was fascinated of the great work you've done. Believe me, I'm very happy with this version of the LCARS-Skin, but perhaps you can use the font I found on http://www.gtjlcars.de/index01.htm. It's in the download section and yet earlier in this Forum someone placed a hint to that page, perhaps it may help you. But you're the Pro and so I will never criticise you ;)

I wait for your new skin!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

first: :D for this great Skin. I found an old version of MP in the download folder when I reorganized my PC last week, must have found that in the www some times ago but never tested it. Finally, last weekend I tested the MP in the newer Version and I'm very proud of you all :D Well done, much better than WMC!

I found your skin some days ago and was fascinated of the great work you've done. Believe me, I'm very happy with this version of the LCARS-Skin, but perhaps you can use the font I found on http://www.gtjlcars.de/index01.htm. It's in the download section and yet earlier in this Forum someone placed a hint to that page, perhaps it may help you. But you're the Pro and so I will never criticise you ;)

I wait for your new skin!

Hi LudwigXIV, thanks for your comments.

I tested the above mentioned font (LCARS GTJ2) when I started to build this skin. Its nice with font sizes greater than 14 pt, but in the different screens it is so damn narrow that you can hardly read the contents of the screen.

So I gave up with this and chosed the attached font which is very near the LCARS original one but with better readability.

Regards

catavolt

Users who are viewing this thread