MayaHD Bug Reports & issues (1 Viewer)

Kermit1974

Portal Member
November 26, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have always loved this skin! Since the very beginning, and I was thrilled to see that Maya now supports 1.3a...
However I have some problems getting the skin to work:
1. It seems that Maya is completely ignoring the configuration for BasicHome in the process menu during startup.
No matter what changes I make, they are ignored.
2. When Maya starts it dosen't add the blueish overlay to the home page, and it dosen't list any of the items i've put in the configurations page.

My HTPC is a mint Win7_x86 with all latest updates. Fresh install of the public MP 1.3a (no SVN).
My monitor is 1280x768 - could that be the issue?

Please find log and screenshoot attached...

Attachments

• Homepage.png
    Homepage.png
    740.8 KB

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i am not sure whats happening @ your machine.
    but i also have win7 x86 with 1.3.0 Alpha and Maya HD
    running - @ a 720p monitor - no problems like you ...
    this can't be the issue ...

only some size/resize faults but i am not sure if MayaHD should
    scale down to 720p ?

Last edited:

ms1964

Portal Member
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Maya Team,

first of all I have to say that your skin is the best looking, at least to me.

I recentrly upgraded my installation from mp 1.1.3 with skin maya to mp 1.2.3 with skin maya hd. Everything is working fine except one thing.
    When I browse through the EPG (see attachment mp-epg.jpg) and select a program for recording, the program info is not displayed on the next screen (see attachment mp-program.jpg). This used to work with my old installation. The program info on this screen is crucial if you like to scroll through a list of episodes. If I use the search function to get a list of the programs with the same tilte, the program info is displayed correctly (see attachment mp-search.jpg).

Could you please advise on how to get this to work again?

Cheers,
    ms

Attachments

• mp-epg.jpg
      mp-epg.jpg
      204.8 KB
    • mp-record.jpg
      mp-record.jpg
      132.1 KB
    • mp-search.jpg
      mp-search.jpg
      170.7 KB
    Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello, this is my favourite skin (y)

I am using it with 1.3.0 RC by changing the references.xml to 1.3.0.1,
    It works well enough for my use at present, although obviously there are some screens missing so may not be usable for everyone.

One bug I have found is that when you select a future programme from the TV guide and go into the screen attached, further information about that programme is missing, such as the Title, time and description. Sometimes spurious information is shown there, underneath the channel name but mostly it's blank. I also went back to the previous version of MayaHD with MediaPortal 1.2.3 and the bug is there too. I think it is to do with mytvprogram.xml, and I have tried various things to fix it, but none of them have worked.

Perhaps if / when (I hope when ;)) the time comes to work on updating the skin, this bug could be looked at?

Many thanks

lisa

15-15-58.png

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Okay, despite all odds I seem to have fixed it :eek:

I compared the code to that from a skin that was reporting the correct data for that screen, and after a lot of trial and error, it seems that the following section of missing code from the mytvprogram.xml file was the culprit...

<control>
    <description>genre</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>17</id>
    <posX>-2000</posX>

</control>

Working okay now - new screen grab attached (I added an additional mod to show large tv logo in bottom left corner).

08-52-37.png

Users who are viewing this thread